Recent content by Erik1971

  1. Erik1971

    Sudden onset of eye floaters

    It’s reassuring to think that eventually the brain can filter it out. Do you have any other tips on how I can encourage this process? Or should I just try to ignore it so that the brain starts labeling it as unimportant and can eventually filter it out? How long did that process take for you?
  2. Erik1971

    Sudden onset of eye floaters

    I really appreciate your advice. It’s just so annoying having these shadows in your field of vision all the time, and it’s difficult to ignore them and let my brain get used to them. But that’s also exactly my TMS personality. I’ve had that same kind of hyperfocus and anxiety with tinnitus, but...
  3. Erik1971

    Sudden onset of eye floaters

    Hi, Over the past few years, I’ve experienced many different TMS symptoms, ranging from body-wide muscle twitching to tinnitus, sleep problems, and urinary issues. All of these TMS symptoms eventually went away. This year, I suddenly developed itchy, dry eyes, followed by pain in my eyes, and...
  4. Erik1971

    Any luck with tinnitus

    Julian Cowan Hill is also a great resource for tinnitus suffers. Lot’s of succes stories using a combination of mindbody techniques! He has a lot of good videos on youtube!
  5. Erik1971

    Insomnia, nerve pain and bfs - how have you dealt with this?

    Hi Fridaynotes, I am actually doing much better. Twitching and nerve pain have almost completely disappeared. Not sure what I did but I think no longer being obsessed by the symptoms and just living my life was the biggest help. My brain just moved on to other things.
  6. Erik1971

    Benign Fasciculation Syndrome and TMS

    This is so true. I have had bodywide twitching for over 5 years and it has completely subsided as I stopped worrying and focused on living my life. Stress, anxiety and worrying fueled the twitches and once I stopped worrying, the twitches went away. So hang on, it will get better!!
  7. Erik1971

    symptom imperative at work? bfs / tinnitus

    Hi there. Not posted here for a long time. A couple of years ago it started with tinnitus, then tinnitus faded to the background and was replaced by benign fasciculation syndrome (body wide muscle twitching) and insomnia. I recovered from that completely so those of you facing musle twichting...
  8. Erik1971

    stressed out by new tinnitus symptoms

    Hi, I have a history of TMS symptoms including insomnia and muscle pain/spasms and twitching over the last couple of years. A couple of weeks ago just before I went on holidays my muscle spasms/pains disappeared almost overnight but soon thereafter I got tinnitus in my right ear. Tinnitus has...
  9. Erik1971

    Insomnia, nerve pain and bfs - how have you dealt with this?

    Hi, Not posted here for a while but it seems my TMS has come back with a vengeance so love to reach out to members who are dealing with similar symptoms. Muscle cramps/ twitches or benign fasciculation syndrome, combined with nerve pain and trouble staying asleep. Had this for more than 5 years...
  10. Erik1971

    Benign Fasciculation Syndrome and TMS

    Just wondering how everyone is doing with their bfs/tms symptoms? Has meditation helped to calm down your nervous system and the symptoms? I am 3 years into these TMS related condition and have done my bit of yoga and meditation but still haven't fully broken the fear/worry cycle although I...
  11. Erik1971

    How to deal with the pain and anxiety

    Hi, I am in desperate need of some moral support. It all started 2 years ago when I developed muscle twitching, tinnitus and insomnia after a stressful period when I became part time entrepreneur alongside an already demanding day job. Unfortunately the entrepreneurship didn't work out and by...
Back
Top