1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

stressed out by new tinnitus symptoms

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Erik1971, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Erik1971

Erik1971 New Member

Hi,

I have a history of TMS symptoms including insomnia and muscle pain/spasms and twitching over the last couple of years. A couple of weeks ago just before I went on holidays my muscle spasms/pains disappeared almost overnight but soon thereafter I got tinnitus in my right ear. Tinnitus has drastically increased over the last couple days and now my anxiety is through the roof. I know rationally that symptom imperative is at work here and that anxiety and focus on tinnitus is not helping but I can’t seem to get out of the focus on symptoms, fear and anxiety loop. I also feel ashamed that a new symptom can cause this amount of fear (again) and that I am not more mentally resilient.

Appreciate your advice and help to break this vicious circle and calm my fear and anxiety.

Thanks so much.

Rgs,
    Erik

2. Morning Cloak

Morning Cloak New Member

If this helps reassure you a little I had bad tinnitus for a while, but it has almost totally gone now. When I had bad bouts I used to listen to some positive affirmations (I recorded my own voice) on headphones before sleep.

JanAtheCPA and Erik1971 like this.
  3. Luvnblessings

Luvnblessings Newcomer

I had tinnitus last year and thought it would drive me crazy as I love peace and quiet! I went through every test and nothing was found. However, it went away after about six months. In retrospect I had started fresh celery juice and detox smoothies from Anthony William’s book Medical Medium. After twenty years of autoimmune problems he explained that the root is a deep virus infection, which has tinnitus as a symptom. The book has changed my life. A miracle. But you are so right about working with your emotional reactions. I have been training my mind through A Course In Miracles to view everything that happens to me as positive. If I can trust and have faith that everything is planned for my good, then I don’t go into resistance and look for what the good could be. Being very ill for twenty years, for example, has helped me finally commit to a spiritual path. As we learn here, we are the ones who give meaning to everything. However you can be kind to yourself, self soothe, be compassionate and try to trust that there is good in this experience for you. I send you my trust and faith that you can shift your reaction and that will be powerful.

Erik1971 likes this.
  4. CristalWW

CristalWW Newcomer

Hi, can you share your experience and results with juicing and detoxication. I plant to start juicing for other health reasons, but I have tinnitus strokes, if I can say so, occasionally.
    The morning celery juices is my main goal now, as it's said to be effective for those having problems with skin like me and detox as well. So I'm looking for a good juicer, was recommended to read an article on juicing forum
    I feel that detoxing strategy is inspiring for me, I 'm not in fear, otherwise so hopeful, that will improve my general health condition

I would be greatful if you share your experience
    Maybe someone has stories how detoxication works to beat tinnitus or other TMS symtomps

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2019
  5. Amira

Amira Newcomer

I'm not sure it's particularly helpful against TMS. But detox juices are great for health! I own Tribest juicer, similar to that in the article you've send, no complains, good for celery.
    I just cab advise not to use blender, as heating affects quality and it creates too much foam, less juice

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for this, Amira. Let's not get sidetracked into food and diet on this forum, which is supposed to be focused on TMS. I'm also deleting the off-topic article link because those can erode our topic-specific search engine optimization.

7. Amira

Amira Newcomer

Though I should admit that detox juices give a good placebo effect!

JanAtheCPA likes this.