I've had the most interesting week of bizarre feelings and sensations. Or lack there of actually.
I've felt a little numb and distant lately. A little lighter than usual. Like my gravity isn't fully meeting the ground or the bed, if that makes any sense. I am not numb on the skin. I check by...
Thanks for the info Huckleberry. Just kinda needed to hear this kind of thing from other people who have been through it. Your first 18 months sounds exactly like me. It's just so wild to think that I'm feeling better... and feeling calm. And it just sneaks in a different direction. This time...
You do know? I'm seeing a Dr next week. I hope he'll be able to clarify some things for me.
I only spent 30 mins perusing info before I couldn't handle it. I've been dealing with this for over a year now. I gained a lot of my strength back. A lot of my sensations have calmed. seems like most...
TL;DR: now feeling symptoms of disease that I googled. Why did I do this? How can I unplanted these new symptom seeds? You don't need to read further unless you want the background of what a disservice the mind and body can to to each other.
Over the weekend, I did some symptom googling to...
I had this during the beginning of my episode. I had lots of neuro like things going on. Buzzing. Twitching. Tingling. Burning. All throughout my body. And anytime it would start to subside... the sound of a motorcycle or any startle or annoying stressor would fire my body up again. I had to...
Thanks for the suppotive words. Scrolling through your posts, I certainly relate to a lot of your concerns. It almost seems like regular old pain (while extremely uncomfortable and debilitating) isn't as scary as all of these bizarre neuro sensations. And we know that fear increases tension and...
I'm sorry you've been through the neuro ringer as well. Yes. The ALS BFS MS path is well worn by many anxious types. I also had to stop visiting hypochondriac forums because those folks introduced me to many symptoms that I just didn't need to know. Which planted fear seeds in me even further...
About 15 years ago. A doctor diagnosed me with TAS. Tight assed syndrome. He was joking with the diagnosis. But was serious about my symptoms. I was in a crazy car accident. And became super uptight. In my ass. Literally clenching my butt so much that I developed... bathroom difficulties.
I've had an interesting year with my health. Quite maddening. Confusing. Scary. And I've had a nice break from my normal thought pattern after listening to the Divided Mind audiobook during the long drive to stay with my folks for the holiday.
It all started (on the surface) in October of...