1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Working on Programmed Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sam1984, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Sam1984

Sam1984 New Member

Hi,

I was diagnosed with TMS not long ago and the pain has been ongoing for over 2 years. Right lower back and right leg up until the knee.

The issue is that the pain manifests in a programmed manner, at midnight or after a few hours of sleep every single night (a tylenol before going to bed helps greatly) or when I get a little frustrated/stressed. It also comes up after I practice sports and lasts for a couple of hours.

Then, the rest of the time I am totally pain free.

Any advise on how to work with programmed/memorized pain? How to work on it if it comes at midnight?

I have read the books and watched the Dr Sarno sessions, but I cannot find a way for "DeProgramming" the memory in my brain that triggers the pain.

Thanks!!!!!!!

2. toast

toast New Member

Maggie Phillips | The Pain Solution
    Part 2, Track 4 did just this for me . . . I used it for all of my conditioned pain, like you wrote above. It vanished conditioned pain after practicing it a few times - absolutely amazing. The rest of the program is also extremely helpful for TMS related pain.

-Cindy

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  3. Sam1984

Sam1984 New Member

Thanks, but looking more for a solution without using hypnosis therapy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  4. toast

toast New Member

The audios aren’t traditional hypnosis - more like meditations. I was able to use the meditation from the track listed above to deprogram the conditioned pain and so far it has worked.

-Cindy

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
  5. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

6. Sam1984

Sam1984 New Member

7. gutter3

gutter3 Peer Supporter

is the audio on the wiki site? or from an audio book?