1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS STEVE OZANICH VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH JEANETTE BARBER

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Jun 6, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS STEVE OZANICH INTERVIEW WITH JEANETTE BARBER

This half-hour video is one of the best for anyone who has doubt about whether their pain is structural or psychological, from TMS repressed emotions such as anger, guilt, feelings of abandonment and/or their perfectionist and “goodist” personality wanting approval and to be liked by everyone.

http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/convincing-spouse-to-explore-possibility-of-tms.4747/
    Television host Janette Barber, says she was cured of severe back pain after learning about TMS from reading Steve Ozanich’s book, The Great Pain Deception. In her interview with Steve, he explains that modern medicine focuses on medication and surgery to relieve pain, but most back, leg, arm, neck, fibromyalgia, migraine headaches and other pain is caused by our repressed emotions. Our unconscious brain causes the physical pain to distract us from facing an emotional condition that often goes back to our childhood. A present situation may trigger long-repressed anger that is the real cause of our pain.

I was especially interested in the latter part of the interview where Steve says many older people think their pain is from the normal ageing process, that our bones and muscles get weaker as we advance in years. Or they are angry that they, like every human being, is going to die some day. But pain in older people may not be physical at all, and be caused by repressed emotions or our personality. The same is true of pain caused by anger over one’s mortality.

Since I am 84 years old, I thought my back pain was from ageing, but when I read about TMS and Dr. Sarno’s book, Healing Back Pain, and then Steve’s book, I became convinced that my back pain was not structural from ageing but from repressed emotions.

I had what Steve called a “perfect storm” of them from my childhood living with poverty and divorce. Once I journaled and discovered my anger from childhood anxieties, I healed. But I had to believe 100 percent and withheld about 10 percent of belief, still thinking the remaining pain was from aging. When I believed 100 percent in TMS, I healed.

I am still working on accepting my eventual death. Steve says a big part of that is finding purpose in our life. Many famous people with great minds say that the secret to accepting our death is in having lived a good, honest, helpful life, even if we did not become rich or famous. We all labor in the Lord’s vineyard, in many different ways. Being the best we can in anything means we lived a useful life, whether it be a good mother, a good single aunt or uncle, a television star or a bus driver.

I found considerable peace a few days ago by watching a video about the 1956 Australian Olympic swimmer Murray Rose who in his early 70s was diagnosed with advanced and fatal leukemia. He accepted his death sentence gracefully and in peace, despite having to leave a happy life with a wife and son. He had lived a useful life not only in his swimming career but by helping others through his work in promoting health and athletics.

The interview video is a wealth of information on many aspects of healing through belief in pain being caused by TMS emotions and our personality.

Lainey and douggie like this.
  2. douggie

douggie Peer Supporter

Thanks for posting this Walt.

3. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Thanks for the link. I read TGPD and had actual reactions to the read. During the time of reading this book which took me about 2 months (because I took notes and reread many parts of this tomb) I found I could not talk about it to others in detail without starting to have problems with breathing. I ended up on New Years Eve last year in the emergency room with anaphylactic shock. I was administered epinephrine, and a few other drugs in to bring my breath back to normal. I had never had this occur in my relatively long life, just a bit more than a decade younger than you. An allergist I went to found I had no reactions to the many tests of various items I had been in contact with the day of the breathing problem. I fully believe that my mind was creating this weird symptom to keep me from believing in TMS. Stay the course was the message I was given.

This past year has been tough to grind through, but good in that I am now doing much better, both emotionally and physically. I still have some pain and weakness in my hip and leg, but my severe sciatica and a few other random symptoms have subsided. Yet, the death thoughts have been a downer for me. I know they are playing a part in my continuing issues with various pains from TMS. I recognize myself in all of those repressed emotions you listed in the beginning of your post, plus I have also recognized my sadness and feeling of loss when I think of impending death. My estranged brother died in 2016 and the finality of our untended relationship was hard to take. Sadness from this and other personal losses has played a large roll in my TMS.

Thanks for sharing some of your journey here and elsewhere on this website. I actually looked for entries by you a few week ago because you had not posted a much of late (that I could locate). It's good to read some of your wisdom here.

Hope you have a good 2018.

Lainey

4. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Just realized that Walt posted this 3+ years ago.
    Are you there Walt?