1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Conference Presentations

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Forest, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

In October the PPDA held a conference in New York called When Stress Causes Pain: Innovative Treatments for Psychophysiologic Disorders. The conference aimed at informing primarily mental health workers about PPD.

Several of the presentations that were made that day have been posted on YouTube, and I wanted to put them up here in case some of you would be interested in watching it. The speakers who are in the recordings include Howard Schubiner, Eric Sherman, Alan Gordon, and myself.

Dr. Schubiner and I relied heavily on PowerPoint slides, but the original video didn’t show them. To compensate for this, I’ve made a second video that shows only the slides and is timed to go along with the speaker. I recommend that you play the two videos simultaneously. That way you can see the slides and the speaker simultaneously. If one video somehow gets ahead of the other, just pause it for a second to slow it down.

Speakers:

PowerPoint slides for Forest and Schubiner presentations (meant to be played along with the above video):

Part 2:

I hope it helps!

MorComm, tarala, Rinkey and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Forest, you were eloquent, succinct, and amazing ! Bravo ! Thank you so much for posting, I never would have fount it on my own :)

Rinkey likes this.
  3. zipity

zipity New Member

I have tons and tons of respect for you!

Forest and Rinkey like this.
  4. tarala

tarala Well known member

Great presentation Forest, the perfect mix of professional and personal.

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm really glad you liked it. This community is meant to be a testament to the power and importance of peer support. Now when someone with RSI wants to find a story of people "just like them" to help them accept the diagnosis, our page has 54 stories, some book quotes, and a video!
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Repetitive_Strain_Injuries_-_RSI

That's my dad! :)

I guess that that makes this a family project... he actually helped us transition to our new wiki software.

Jilly and yb44 like this.
  6. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Super Star must run in the family !;) So much good information, can't thank you enough :)