1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

This is it Guys, The Sarno Video -- Wow

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Velo drew, I agree totally that watching the Sarno video is better than reading his book
    Healing Back Pain.

Steve Ozanich, author of The Great Pain Deception, also agrees that he healed faster by
    watching the Sarno video.

Sarno is so sincere and firm in his belief that TMS repressed emotions cause our pain.
    The video is from his later book The Mindbody Prescription which goes into the causes of TMS
    and how to heal from them.

I'm glad you're journaling, because that's where you will find the repressed emotions that
    cause your TMS pain. Most often the re's go back to our childhood when we were angry
    about something. Sarno says most TMS pain comes from anger or rage.
    We've kept the anger/rage repressed for years but some new incident may have triggered
    the old anger/rage. Journaling helps us realize the re go back years. Sarno says we don't
    even have to resolve the reason for the anger/rage, just tell our unconscious mind that is
    the cause of our pain, and it stops the pain. But it does help to forgive whoever caused the re.
    And also forgive ourself.

It looks like you repressed emotions go back to sibling conflicts. Maybe spend more time
    journaling about them. They may well be the cause of your pain.

You're doing great if you already feel less pain

2. quert

quert Guest

Wow, this looks so good. We are SO lucky to be able to watch this. It's almost as if we get to attend the lectures by the person who discovered TMS. I can't wait to take it all in. I think I'm going to have to watch it many times.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Quert, the Sarno video is one of the best and easiest and quickest ways to learn all about TMS.
    I've watched it several times myself and always get more out of it.
    I'll be posting a detailed review about the video in a few days.

If you share the video with others, and I hope you will, send them to this url
    because we get more attention from it.

http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/this-is-it-guys-the-sarno-video-wow.3336/

4. Tiger50

Tiger50 New Member

Hi to all,
    I was lucky to find this on u-tube a few days ago and got to watch it now I feel I am blessed to find it here along with the informaton about the program (pages 142-146) I guess I must be getting better because I feel like cr-p I have been dealing with this now for the past several years and I still can't seem to break the back of it. Admittedly I have a stop start relationship with what I am dealing with so I guess that that is what happens when one deals with TMS. I guess that when one has denied her feelings for such a long time its going to take time to make positive change. Any advice I am willing to listen to, bearing in mind I have all of Sarno's books plus a heap of others so I am feeling incredibly challenged. I hope this in the right place as I am newly back here and the site looks different these days. Thanks again to all of the wonderful people who hunt and gather such wonderful information on behalf of the rest of us

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Tiger50 , Welcome back. Its really simple to get into the swing of things once you get some direction around here and you have done made a commitment to yourself to follow through. O.K those pages you mentioned above are in the Divided Mind Book by Sarno so I assume you already know that right.

If I were you I'd start with the SEP. http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program
    This will really get you started on a good program so you can have some practice daily in a structured format ok.

If you have any questions ask away.

Bless You

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank You Dear Lianne, I'm so glad you liked it. So sorry for the delay in writing you back, Your an awesome person here at the community Lianne.
    Bless You

7. junkgrl

junkgrl New Member

I notice now in February, 2014 the video is no longer available. Also, the program mentioned in the Divided Mind book on pages 142-146. I have the book on my Nook and the page numbers don't match the paper book. Also, I can't figure out where this information might be from the Chapter Contents page. Any search help out there? What exactly is this point in the book called so I can search. I would like to know this at least until I can get to a thorough reading of the entire book. Thanks!

8. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Chapter 4: Treatment. Section: Daily Study Program

9. junkgrl

junkgrl New Member

Thank you Daliah. Have a wonderful day. I plan to!

10. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

Hey Guys,

Any other links to this video?

The one posted seems to have been removed due to copyright?

11. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Damn it! The video lecture has been taken off youtube. Does anyone still have a copy of this they would kindly share?

12. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Typical isn't it! I watched half of it the other day and I went back to watch the rest and I was gonna save the video to my PC as well. Arrrrrrhhhh. I'm getting repressed emotions here.

braden101 likes this.
  13. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

I was afraid this would happen.

send me a message and maybe I can help you.....

14. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Ok guys, we had the luxury of seeing Dr. Sarnos video for free for about 2 and a half months. Now its gone and we should be grateful that we had that time to see how important that video is. We have a summary of the video that Walt wrote up. Walt is a professional writer so if you want to see the summary it should still be in the General discussion forum. Make a copy of that summary and use it for your benefits.

I didn't know how long the recording would be available but now we know. I hope you guys who can afford it would invest in his DVDs if you feel you need too.
    Bless You

braden101 and Gigalos like this.
  15. Gigalos

I believe you also get the self-help guide when you buy the DVD (correct me if I am wrong)...

16. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Just as a reminder, folks, you can't use the threads of this forum for copyright violation.

17. Gigalos

yes you're right Forest, it took me an hour to realize what I was suggesting.
    Richsimm22, sorry mate, I suggest you buy the DVD.

18. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

No worries, Gigalos, thank you for your understanding.

If anyone would like to learn more about the video, the official website is: http://www.healingbackpain.com/

19. junkgrl

junkgrl New Member

I was able to get the actual DVD video from my library system. If your own system does not have it, there is normally a way to request it from other libraries as an interlibrary loan. Check with your library online and if not in the catalog, call your library and request it through interlibrary loan. I got it in a couple of days and am watching it now. My hubby--the DVD Kopy King--will make a digital copy for me before I send it back.

20. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

junkgirl. Excellent suggestion to get the Sarno video DVD from the library.
    I'd like you husband. I am at least the Kopy Prince.