1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Tailbone Pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ika, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Ika

Ika Newcomer

Hello,
    I am on day 10 of the Structured Program. I have tailbone pain for over 4 years, and I tried every possible treatment under the sun. The only thing left was surgery, but I am to scared to undergo tailbone removal surgery. So I decided to try this program. I am deligently reading articles and writing in my journal. I think I am getting it, but now 100%. I want to with the all my soul, but the doubt thoughts keep bothering me and I do not know how to stop them. I really want to believe 100% and get better. I tried to sit on my tailbone, but no, pain is still there, so I am thinking is this program working at all. What am I doing wrong?

2. thmakled

thmakled New Member

Hi Ika, give it time. I understand wanting the pain to be gone right now, I feel that every day, but I find that the only times I've been able to sit for any period of time are those when I have forgotten to think about whether it will hurt or not. Stick with the program, focus on the emotions and the psychological work, and try not to feed into the pain by asking yourself if things will hurt, or being disappointed when they still do hurt. Be kind to yourself and (for me this is the hardest part) patient.

In strength,
    thomas

hawaii_five0 likes this.
  3. Ika

Ika Newcomer

Hi Thomas, thank you for your encouraging words. It is strenghtening to know that other people going through the same -patience. Thanks a lot.

4. thmakled

thmakled New Member

Of course. You are not alone!