1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Spreading the word of recovery

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ellen, May 17, 2015.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm a big Pinterest fan. I started noticing the occasional pin in my feed on "living with chronic pain" or related topics. Then I did a search on "chronic pain" in Pinterest and found a slew of pins related to coping with chronic pain. I decided that writing a comment to these pins that recovery from chronic pain is possible and including a link to my Success Story and the Success Stories on this Forum may be a good way to spread the word. So I've started commenting on a few of these pins every time I go to the Pinterest site. I don't know if it will have any effect, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something to get the word out.

Colly, gailnyc, IrishSceptic and 4 others like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ellen. Happy Sunday. Pinterest is a great place. Spreading the word about TMS is one of my favorite things.

I'm trying to cope with spring allergies. Weather forecasters in the Chicago area say we're having one of our
    most polluted seasons in years. It's in the 80s today and humid as the Amazon jungle.
    Dr. Sarno says allergies are another symptom of TMS, but I'm not so sure. An Advil stops the runny nose.
    The house feels comfortable so I'm having a hot cup of water with honey and coconut oil. Really relaxing.

Hope you have a real nice day.

Ellen likes this.
  3. Mala

Mala Well known member

Good idea @Ellen!

@Walt Oleksy. Hope u feel better soon. We have been having very warm weather here & humidity is in the high 80s 90s because of a few storms in nearby areas. Ugh!
    But then that's HK in the summer & we haven't even started the storm season in earnest.

This is what it's looking like outside our window at the moment though. It's pretty nice! image.jpg image.jpg

Mala

Ellen likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen and Mala like this.
  5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen likes this.
  6. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

I think it would be useful to target Chronic Pain society's and NGOs. Unfortunately you have the internal opposition by some whose may see a chronic pain cure or self-mgmt strategy as a threat to their own incomes. This is were the science is required. As I was saying to someone it's easy and understandable that some can get drawn into a pity party type situation because no-one 'normal' can understand the daily struggle of life with pain.
    A lot of people are too trusting of authority figures in medicine(Like Me!) and fail to take initiative in their own treatment.