1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Some progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Deepster, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

I feel like I'm making slow, steady progress with my TMS recovery. Some of my symptoms have practically disappeared (knee pain, constipation, neck pain)! Some of my symptoms linger, better some days and worse others (e.g. GERD, RSI).

Almost a year ago I quit work due to burn out. I would come home from work absolutely exhausted every day. I decided to take a few months off to restore, and it was during this time that I discovered TMS! Now that I feel restored and my health is improving, I'm starting to look for work again. But even in the process of looking for work, I could feel my old "burnout" pathways returning.

I decided to start work with a TMS therapist. I've had one session so far with Alex Bloom, a therapist who trained with Alan Gordon. It was excellent! During the session we explored how I used my high achievements in school to "distract" me from emotional troubles that I was having. This set up a pattern where my inner bully puts a lot of pressure on for success and achievement as a kind of band-aid to cover up inner hurt. I'm looking forward to more exploration of these underlying, old emotions.

2. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

I congratulate you on working with a therapist and having the courage to explore what's behind some of the painful situations you have found yourself in. I hear your enthusiasm for discovering the emotional inner workings that have been hidden from you until now. Wishing you much success!

3. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

Thanks Dahlia!