1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

should I Ignore my ct scan results?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by semia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. semia

semia New Member

Thank you to everyone for the support I've been getting so far. So I recently starting going back to work and it has been extremely difficult with my pain. I constantly try to reinforce that I am healthy, I am strong and perfectly capable to be working again. It hasn't been that easy.. the more tired I get, the worse the pain is. I start getting widespread pain and terrible muscle spams. Anyway.. aside from my back pain, my sinus issues have been quite debilitating. I have awful sinus pressure and dizziness. I caved and went to an ENT to check my sinuses... my doc revealed that i have an enlarged sinus. No infection or anything he just said an enlarged sinus and that it could be the reason of my sinus pressure. He offered to do some kind of balloon sinus dilation to cure the problem. This isn't the only symptom I have.. I have so many others that haven't been explained by medical tests or doctors. So should I actually consider doing this procedure or is it just my negative thinking that is making me believe something is actually medically wrong with me. An enlarged sinus doesn't sound like it could create such severe symptoms. Any thoughts ???

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Semia:

It certainly doesn't sound life-threatening, so the question you always want to ask is "what harm will it do if I treat it as TMS for now?"

I don't know what "enlarged sinus" means but if it has anything to do with swelling, you might want to read this recent post which asked about swelling and TMS:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/anyone-have-and-swelling-with-tms.8882/ (the title should have been "hand" swelling)

The big mind-switch that we all need to make before experiencing relief of our symptoms is to understand that our brains are completely in charge of all physiological processes in our bodies. That includes swelling. All kinds of swelling gets worse under stress, this is already known. So if it was me, I would assume TMS and see what happens. You might try doing some visualizations, lightly massaging the sinus area on your face and asking your sinuses to calm down. It sounds silly, but this kind of thing works well for me because I really believe I can change what is happening in my body.

SunnyinFL likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, semia. I agree with Jan that your sinus problem is most likely caused by TMS, repressed emotions and/or a perfectionist and "goodist" personality. If you haven't yet, I suggest you start the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It will help you to discover what those emotions are and that leads to healing. Your subconscious has just given you sinus pain so you will work on your TMS.

SunnyinFL likes this.
  4. Eve

Eve Peer Supporter

Hi semia. I am sorry to hear that your pain is increasing now that you are back to work. I hope i can give you some comfort by telling you that my pain is increasing as well because of work even if i am totally relaxed... i don t understand it either... it feels like a setback. Anyway the area of my sinuses are hurting as well when it normally doesn't.. i had this pain constantly for 6 years and it remains a very difficult and sensitive spot for me too... this can take some time semia.. let it go and trust...

5. semia

semia New Member

Thanks everyone. My therapist recommended I work with a woman in my town who does breath work therapy. Apparently her method helps with healing energies and can reduce chronic pain. Thought I'd give it a shot.
    Eve.. We sound so alike! I too feel the pain get worse at work even when I am completely relaxed. It's like how do you not pay attention to something that is creating such a debilitating sensation? I cant believe how long you have Been suffering. Have you ever had moments of relief throughout those 6 years? How are you feeling emotionally? Are you still holding on to hope? Hope is all I have right now and I commend you for your strength to keep going !!

Eve likes this.
  6. Eve

Eve Peer Supporter

Breathing, deep relaxation, meditation are all good to diminish the tension and make the muscles relax again. I notice when i do this after work that it helps and that i feel less tense. I have never had a day without any of my symptoms since 8 years now but i have always believed i could heal from it. Having found the TMS theory confirmed my belief and made my hope even grow more intense than before, even if i was seriously depressed because of all the pain... there is no choice but to accept all of this and to make the best out of it! I truly hope to win this battle one day and i wish you the same.

7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Ask her to help you develop some positive affirmations and visualizations about the strength and health of your body while you do this work - it could be very powerful indeed.