1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Over 70

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by SuzyT, Jan 20, 2020.

1. SuzyT

SuzyT New Member

Anyone out there over 70s and experiencing Back pain and become pain free adopting TMS methodology?

2. grapefruit

grapefruit Peer Supporter

My mother freed herself of 30 years of back pain at age 67 by reading Dr. Sarno. She was a chiro evangelist for all those years, and now has completely given it up. She also got rid of chronic UTIs and migraines. She and I healed at the same time, about two years ago.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. SuzyT

SuzyT New Member

I would love to hear her story and what she did.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Lots and lots of people who are 70 and well over 70 have recovered using the TMS knowledge of Dr. Sarno.

At some point you have to take this on faith, because opening your mind to a new way of thinking is part of this process! Depending on others to convince you is kind of a black hole, because your fearful brain will convince you that their story isn't quite exactly like yours, therefore it's not relevant. This is your brain on TMS - it's not you! The best way to avoid this trap is to NOT ask for details. As I said - take it on faith.

I will point out that what grapefruit's mom did was to read Dr. Sarno. That's your starting point. Read Dr. Sarno, and do one of our free programs.

That's the easy part. The hard part is changing your mindset - and to trust that healing comes from within, not from others that you hope have "the answer" (trust me, we've all been there).

This forum has all the resources you need. Start with our Success Stories subforum. And check out the Thank You Dr. Sarno project - there are definitely some over-70s in there (here's one). Read Dr. Sarno, and start doing our Structured Educational Program.

Good luck!

tgirl and grapefruit like this.