1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My success story

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by CMA, May 5, 2015.

1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Hi all
    Been a while since I posted (which means things are good : ) For those of you who remember me..classic TMS patient plantar fascitis, piriformis syndrome, myofascial pain and anxiety. Anyway...after reaching a low of going to the mall in a wheel chair in 2011 I came across Sarno in 2012 then things took a turn. Last year I walked 12 miles in May at a walk event. Have been regularly walking, exercising. Also wanted to share that I again walked 12 miles past sunday. I am sore as expected but feel good, great and wanted to share with you all newbies and old timers...hang in there..Sarno theory works and rocks for those of us the sensitive kinds..Peace

intense50, Colly, Ellen and 1 other person like this.
  2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Awesome!

3. AndyG.

AndyG. New Member

Great to hear how well you're doing. I'm new here looking for some guidance. Any suggestions on what you did such as books that inspired you, therapy that worked, etc. please share. Thank you.

4. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Hi AndyG...Sure. So I started with Healing Back Pain, which sold me the idea. Subsequently read few more books...They cant find anything wrong with me, Fred Amir's book on back pain, Divided Mind and others. I also did the Structured Education program from the wiki site here for the number of days they prescribed. I have attempted to keep using the unsent letter, journaling technique many a times in the past 3 years when I am angry, overwhelmed. Other than that I also participated in the webinars by experts here. I did post a lot when I was new and got terrific support from members on the boards. After the initial curing it helps to remain conscious of your emotional state when you have some random pain or illness emerge. If you have any other questions let me know and good luck you are at the right place.

intense50 and IrishSceptic like this.
  5. AndyG.

AndyG. New Member

Thanks for your reply. I've read "Healing Back Pain", which helped me a lot. I was doing great for a few months, but I think I got a little too comfortable and forgot what I learned from Dr. Sarno. I'm going to have to check out the Structured Education program here. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I actually posted earlier asking about help with structure. I didn't see that yet. Thanks again!

IrishSceptic likes this.