1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Moving Pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Aimee88, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

My pain has moved around for 30 years. It is so fascinating to look at it with this new knowledge and insight. I have chased pain, accepted pain as a part of my life, and shrugged saying, no one ever finds anything really wrong.

In the last few weeks, a pain has appeared in my jaw on the left side. At times it is really intense. At times I can't close my teeth properly. Other times it hurts and cracks loudly as I open it. And at times it doesn't hurt. All this while my intense back pain is reduced to nothing 90% of the time now. When I first started reading Dr Sarno's and other's books, my neck really tightened up and I had some days with headaches.

Yesterday and the day before when two people that I consider current stressors in my life now contacted me with requests for my time and attention and money, oh the pain came. And with awareness of it and the stress, and with me saying no and being honest about why, the pain eased again. This is truly fascinating to observe.

JanAtheCPA and Josh Howard like this.
  2. Josh Howard

Josh Howard New Member

Aimee, it is amazing how this process works. I have battled for five to six years now and there isn't a stop on my body that has not felt pain/discomfort. Currently I am dealing with a left knee issue that is unlike any other I've felt before (a burning when I bend my knee) but after a recent visit to the orthopedic doctor is undetermined to the exact cause but his best bet was (mild swelling and muscle tightness) which is what I've been told dozens of times before my various other physicians - only to ultimately be TMS.

I do love this site and I enjoy hearing other's stories (like yours) and I wish you the best in your journey.

Best- Josh

JanAtheCPA and Aimee88 like this.
  3. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

It is truly amazing, and still unfolding! :)