1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Managable withdrawals from evil drug because of this.

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by SRcombs, Jan 13, 2020.

1. SRcombs

SRcombs Peer Supporter

I had been on Gabapentin for 4 years for my fibromyalgia when it got to where it was just not working for me, but I didn't want to take more. After doing some research I learned what a dangerous drug it is and decided to get off it. I was already working on this program and had seen about a %50 drop in my pain. I was scared of going off the Gaba because I had heard that the withdrawals are brutal. But here's the thing, yes, I've had withdrawals, but not near what I thought they were going to be. I'm not completely off it yet, but I know for certain that this program has helped me deal with the pain and withdrawals. I've gone from 300mg 3x a day to now, I'm at 46mg 3 times a day and I feel better now than I did when I was taking a full dose.

I think without this program I would never have made it this far.

Cap'n Spanky, Ladybee, Sita and 9 others like this.
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations!

nowa likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes. I was on that nasty drug too, but not for four years.

Congrats! Another case of not letting worry get to you...

Cap'n Spanky and BinLA like this.
  4. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Congratulations! I took gabapentin lowest dosage for about 4 months at my very worst symptoms. This was before I knew of Dr Sarno, but I had been improving with physio. It can be an evil drug. When I was weaning off, it was like the drug was saying, “I’ll get you for thinking you can do without me.” as the symptoms flared up. I persisted though and the flare subsided.

Ladybee and TG957 like this.
  5. SRcombs

SRcombs Peer Supporter

Thank you Eileen. Yes there have been some bad days, but with a VERY slow tapering schedule and Mind/Body work it has all been manageable.

TG957 likes this.
  6. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

That is amazing! Thank you SO much for sharing your story with us.

I only took Gabapentin for three and a half weeks, but Cymbalta withdrawal was rough on me. However, I knew that I should’ve been healed after a certain point, and mind-body/TMS work was a game changer. (Thank you, Steve Ozanich and Dr. Howard Schubiner.) I feel your story so hard and I’m very glad this worked out for you!

Soph1802 and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  7. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Wow dorado. Similar I took GABA for sbout a month then stopped as felt no different then went onto Cymbalta. It did not reduce the pain but did help the anxiety. A year later I am tapering but the withdrawal effects are pretty sore. I’ve had headaches and nausea bad. Glad to be getting off only two weeks to go tapering

8. fredb

fredb Peer Supporter

How long have you been tapering
    Thanks