1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

jawpain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by wunderbarrr, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wunderbarrr

wunderbarrr Newcomer

Hello partners
    I have already 2 years with a lot of pain in my jaw. Everything started in a time with a lot of stress and problems at home and on the street. Right now I have 21 years I am from Spain and a few months ago I discovered the book dr.sarno and I'm sure it's my case but I blame myself for everything and I have too much anxiety. I always did sports and now with running a minute I feel shattered. I've been in Germany working month and a half away from my house which is a great source of stress and have improved somewhat but I want to get well . There are days that I despair lot. Someone could give me some advice or recommend something that has been good to recover?
    many thanks
    Ignacio

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Ignacio. Welcome!
    I'd suggest working your way through the Structured Education Program, or SEP, found free on this wiki. You can go at your own pace, but most people take a few months to complete it. You'll have daily readings, you'll learn about many different techniques and see what works for you.
    Good luck!

wunderbarrr likes this.
  3. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I remember when my jaw instantly began to hurt, out of the azul. It came and it went at will. The only way to release it is to do the TMS healing from within. It's a personal journey that you can win but you need to understand all about TMS.

wunderbarrr likes this.
  4. Sarah Jacoba

Sarah Jacoba Peer Supporter

what did it for me was to chew gum every time I had jaw pain. I chewed gum 16 hours a day sometimes. it reinforced the idea that my jaw was not in fact fragile and it distracted me from painful sensations in that area

wunderbarrr likes this.
  5. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

The chewing is exactly what Dr. Sarno said to do, and in perfect unison with TMS healing and his work, "Perhaps the most important (but most difficult) thing patients must do is to resume all physical activity, including the most vigorous." HBP, pg. 79.

This action teaches the deeper brain that it's safe and won't incur further damage. It fits exactly with what Dr. Sarno said to do, and was the most important thing he wanted people to do.

SO

wunderbarrr likes this.
  6. wunderbarrr

wunderbarrr Newcomer

Thank you very much for your advice . But when I do sport hurts me a lot. By experience you believe that if I 'm forcing it followed time I could use ? That way you get over it ? Can you tell me anything else? Esque depresses me so much being so young and so see me . sorry if my English is not very good I am with the translator lol

7. wunderbarrr

wunderbarrr Newcomer

Gigi thank you very much . can you send it to me? Do you know if there is in Spanish ? I hope to get cured of this is that the problem is in my

8. wunderbarrr

wunderbarrr Newcomer

Thank you for the advice. And it hurt a lot? I is chewing face hurts me and every attempt not chew much but try

9. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

It's right here on this wiki, Ignacio. Click on the blue "TMS Wiki" tab, scroll down to "Programs" and click on "Structured Education Program."
    Best of luck!

10. wunderbarrr

wunderbarrr Newcomer

Thank you gigi. Now I just see. Did you get to overcome this pain? I put this seriously from today already ire commenting on how I'm progressing. Thank you

11. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I have overcome TMS pain several times--in my lower back, in my feet, and I'm currently working on migraine-like headaches. The SEP is a great place to start!

12. wunderbarrr

wunderbarrr Newcomer

I'm glad a lot will follow your advice and hope to be as strong as you to overcome it.My first pain were migraines also and then I started in the jaw. I am sure that you will get it. My best wishes.

13. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

So sorry, Ignacio, that the SEP is not available for you in Spanish, but your command of English is quite good. I admire your persistence in finding something that will help you. Blessings on your journey of healing.