1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

It wasn't easy.. but I got there

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by elizabeth24, Mar 22, 2020.

1. elizabeth24

elizabeth24 New Member

Hello everyone,

When I first visited this amazing website I told myself that if by some miracle I'll be healed from my chronic pain I will come back and write about it.

So, here I am, 4 years later and completely free of pain! I have been this way for the past three and a half years. At the past I was unable to walk straight because of my back, couldn't sleep for more then 3 hours and basically was just miserable all the time.

Today, I am going to the gym 3 times a week. I run, swim, dance like everyone else and not a long time ago I have returned from a two weeks track at the Annapurna reservoir.

With the help of this amazing community I got better. It took me six month to get from 100% pain to zero with a lot mental work and I couldn't have done it without the Forms, chat, programs and success stories in this Wiki.

Thank you so much for helping me get my life back!

For all of you who are still struggling- don’t lose hope! I know it sometimes feel impossible, but it will happen to you if you won't give up. Use this website as much as you can!

Last tip- my journey started when I began telling people my back didn’t hurt anymore, even when it did. I forced all my family and friends to stop asking me how my back was doing. This small step was the first in many to prove myself and my brain I didn’t have a physical problem.

Thank you,

Elizabeth.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Elizabeth,

Woohoo!! Thank you for sharing your story. You can be proud of yourself and your determination to be well!
    Lizzy

Dorado likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm very thrilled to read this, @elizabeth24, and thank you so much for coming back to post! It's amazing how time flies when you're out there living the life you deserve, isn't it?

4. delshein86

delshein86 New Member

Thank you for sharing!
    Can you elaborate on what type of pain you suffered from?

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

And may I ask, @delshein86, why you think it matters?

Just engaging in a bit of "tough love", @delshein86. Focusing on the details of symptoms is one of the most common ways thatyour primitive brain will trick you into having doubts, and staying stuck. Let go of that, and accept that pain is pain and in our experience it takes an infinite number of forms. It's also neuro and GI and heart rhythms and anxiety and depression and OCD and on and on and on - but it's all TMS. Get checked out to make sure you don't have a well-known physical issue that can and must be addressed with traditional medicine, read Dr. Sarno, read the Success Stories subforum, and do one of our programs. Force yourself to be completely honest (mostly with yourself) even when your brain is encouraging you to ignore and cover things up, and above all, don't let it fool you into obsessing over details.

Balsa11, Northwood, MWsunin12 and 2 others like this.
  6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Dorado likes this.
  7. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

The pain moves around, especially when you're stressed or during extinction bursts. It can happen anywhere in the body.

8. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Thanks a lot for coming back to give encouragement here. Can you give more tips about what you did or didn't do in those 6 months to get better?

thanks

1speechpick likes this.