1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

IBS and related symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aseth28, Oct 14, 2015.

1. aseth28

aseth28 New Member

hi I am new here and this is my first post. I just wanted to ask the experts here if I can do the SEP program even though I don't have pain as a symptom. I have urinary issues and IBS for 2 years now. Out of Dr. Sarno's list I've had about 8-9 of the 11 or so conditions he describes as TMS and my personality description is also spot on. Sorry for making any mistakes if I have posted on the wrong subgroup.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Aseth, welcome to the Forum.

I don't know your whole list of symptoms, but I'd say, as long as you've seen a Dr and ruled out any underlying issues it's safe to treat as TMS. TMS can manifest itself in many ways.

The SEP is definitely a great place to start. I'd also create evidence sheet and track your symptoms etc, this will help you enforce your belief it is TMS. Please also explore the site and read success stories, it's helpful to see what worked for others.

Finally, the journey to well being is a long one, please be kind, compassionate and loving to yourself. Please don't be overwhelmed or disheartened by the work; fear, anxiety etc are the very emotions that trigger the FOF response.

All the best on your journey to good health.

aseth28 likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi aseth, and Welcome!

You absolutely can do any of the work here, including the SEP, for your symptoms! I myself had very little pain, and it was mostly gone after I read The Divided Mind. I had lived with chronic neck pain for years but the much bigger issues that were threatening my freedom were dizziness, shaky legs, digestive issues(not diagnosed) that were causing rapid weight loss, emerging depression, and debilitating anxiety complete with panic attacks. Dr. Sarno and the resources on this wiki and forum literally gave me my life back. Feel free to read my profile story!

aseth28 and mike2014 like this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

And I'm again sharing this link where you can view the movie "The Connection" for free, for one week (expires on 10/20 or 21, not sure which since they are on Australian time :) It's a 1-year anniversary gift from the producer of the film, Shannon Harvey (I bought the DVD when it came out).

You only have to provide your email, and I have been on Shannon's email list for over a year, and I receive maybe one email per month when she posts a new article on her site, always with interesting news about the mind-body "Connection".

This film will introduce you to a whole new way of thinking, and it will give you hope. It's only a little more than an hour of your time, but it could change your life.

https://www.theconnection.tv/store/

aseth28 likes this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

PS, everyone feel free to keep forwarding and posting the link. It's an awesome introduction to mind-body awareness and treatment and it's completely complementary to TMS theory.

aseth28 likes this.
  6. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

That was a great film, Jan.
    Thanks.

aseth28, JanAtheCPA and mike2014 like this.
  7. aseth28

aseth28 New Member

Thankyou so much Jan! I'm signed up already and got the link to watch the movie. I'll be doing that tomorrow. Thanks again everyone. Your support means the world! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!
    Aria

mike2014 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, aseth. I agree with the others that you should start the SEP. You may discover more about yourself than you think. And it's a great pathway to feeling better and happier. Our personality traits, especially if we are perfectionists or "goodist" wanting to help others perhaps to an extreme, are often why we get pain, have headaches, or feel anxiety. Good to hear from you and keep posting.