1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 How I feel

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by samuelrhys, Oct 2, 2015.

1. samuelrhys

samuelrhys Peer Supporter

Think of a person in your life from whom you hide your emotions. What is preventing you from telling this person how you feel? If you feel comfortable sharing, then post your response in a thread in our Structured Program forum. We would love to hear from you.

Well I normally hide my emotions from everyone and keep them to myself. I don't really like to tell my parents how I feel because I don't feel like I get any sympathy from them and they think I am just being a baby, the only person I do tell how I feel is one of my friends who has helped me through all this process..which I am very grateful for.

I went to the doctors today and they aren't concerned about my headache even though I have had it for 4 days running.

I also sent Georgie a message and her response:

Dear Sam. Alcohol depresses our system so we become less resilient to thing we might usually cope with.

Rarely is a headache due to anything but stress. The fact that you were fine before and it suddenly came on for no apparent reason would nake me suspect that some thought/emotion was surfacing which your brain perceived to be a threat and therefore the headache is a protective response to stop you even being aware of what it was.

Why not spend some time offloading in a free writing way to see what comes up? Maybe start the journaling and even meditation sessions (where your mindful focus could be internally on how you feel) by asking the question, 'What is causing this headache?' then let things flow as you follow your thoughts to see what comes up. It might need a few sessions, but letting go and allowing things to surface will work better than trying to find out.​

This headache is making me really depressed as normally I could lay down with my other pains and it wouldn't be as bothersome but this is constantly here. It feels like my head has a lot of pressure in it like its being squeezed..

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sam. Maybe I have the same headache today. My head feels like it has a lot of pressure and being squeezed. I took an Advil and am doing some deep breathing. I'll drink a cup of hot milk which usually relaxes me. Something is bothering us both. One thing or another. I think mine is from financial stress, and I keep telling myself I'm not alone in that. Then I think of the parents of those school kids in Oregon and think my worries are nothing compared with their grief.

And hey, drink a glass of wine. You won't become an alcoholic. That's what wine is for, to relax.

I've also read a lot of good things about a natural supplement called True Calm, from Now pharmaceuticals, on amazon.com. It has some natural minerals that calm. The reviews from users are very positive. You might take a look at it. Headaches mean emotional stress. Who doesn't have that today?

Also for depression, try laughing. I've suggested it before to others and it helps to lift the spirits.
    I'm glad you have a friend to talk to about things. Parents tend to not be helpful because they may think they're the cause of your headaches,
    and they may very well be.

3. samuelrhys

samuelrhys Peer Supporter

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the reply. Have you had this headache just today or for previous days? Yea thats how it feels and a heavy feeling, I just want it to go away..

Are you journaling about those issues? I saw that news here in the UK and its awful.

I will have a look into those supplements now and try watch some funny videos :)