1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help with programme

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Danie1988, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Danie1988

Danie1988 New Member

Hi guys girls

how do i go about starting the programme ive read the steps outlined on this site but cant seem to work out where i need to start or do i just follow the 21 days explained? Or is there a step by step guide to follow any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. Hayley

Hayley Peer Supporter

Hello Danie1988,

With Alan Gordon’s 21 day programme you can just click on day 1 and start the programme. There are videos and short podcasts etc to watch and listen to. The forum discussions after each days lesson are just as important and useful as the lesson. It’s good to have a notebook handy to make notes as you go along so that you can review the information and your “aha” moments.

Don’t worry about completing the 21 days in 21 days, take your time, I started the programme in November and I’m on day 16. It’s a brilliant programme and I’m having so many life changing insights. I have been able to stop using a topical medication that I’ve been using for the last 22 years and it has been this recovery programme that has given me the knowledge and courage to do that. The oral pain killers will need to be reduced very slowly with guidance after so long but I now know that this is possible which in itself is amazing.

Be gentle with yourself as you learn the tools to recover and remember that recovery isn’t a straight line, the difficult days come and go and you’ll learn how to ride them out and the fear of your pain will slowly reduce. The success stories on here are very comforting and motivating on the tough days. This site and forum are fantastic, you’re in the right place!

Welcome and Good luck :)