1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Healed from chronic chronic back pain.. I Love Myself baby!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Jan 11, 2017.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Yes, Listening to her in the youtube videos was a power influence on me.

Our vocabulary is very important while we think and speak .
    We have to replace Should with could which gives us an options whether to do that action or not.

Should makes the sentence into a forced action.

jimmylaw9 likes this.
  2. Sugarfrost

Sugarfrost New Member

Dear IndiMarshal,
    Thank you so much for this post.
    I stumbled upon this forum today after reading Dr. Sarno's book 4 years ago and after being healed for 75% I had a lot of pain flares the last two months and I started to panic as I could not find the emotion behind the pain. (I will share my story one day but this is my first post ever on a forum)
    Surely your post was the first I clicked on (no, I do not believe in coincidences) and besides your great list of tips, I did sang along with the song...
    I found myself really silly but I did it anyways and at first it was difficult to say/sing the words and tears streamed over my face..
    Clear message for me that this is where my focus should be!
    and guess what...
    Pain was gone after I finished singing along!
    I have added it to my youtube playlist and wanna keep singing it (replayed it allready 5 times lol).
    Just wanted to let you know how powerful insider tips can be and how much you help others with it !
    So a big thank you again, sending you lots of love

IndiMarshall likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I am happy, Sugarfrost that you are finding this connection with yourself.

IndiMarshall and Sugarfrost like this.
  4. IndiMarshall

Thank you for the feedback .. glad it helped you..
    No, after many recent experiences I don't believe in coincidences too. when we look for answers that we need most... universe sets the path and takes you in right direction.
    Probably your strongest desire made you find this post..

Nice to know you have already started singing the song. singing with great feeling and imagining yourself is the key.. Make it like a prayer..

For others who want to try. play it on your smart tv or laptop.put on the speakers.. sing sing sing with great feeling..

Look for Karen Drucker songs too.. they are wonderful healing songs.. keeping singing them..not just when pain flare up. but everyday...

Sugarfrost likes this.
  5. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hi @IndiMarshall and others following this thread,

Thank you for introducing me to Louise Hay. I picked up her classic book "You can heal your life" and I read it cover to cover. She has a lot of spiritual beliefs that you may or may not agree with. Don't let that get in the way of her core message. I found it to be really helpful.

Here are a few points that stood out for me:
    1. When we really love ourselves, everything in our lives works.
    2. Self approval and self acceptance are keys to positive changes.
    3. We must release the past and forgive everyone.
    4. Resentment, criticism and guilt are the most damaging patterns.
    5. The bottom line for everyone is "I'm not good enough" (Brene Brown confirms this).
    6. Everyone suffers from self hatred and guilt (you are not alone)
    7. It is only a thought and a thought can be changed (this basically means that when you recognize your unhealthy patterns, you can learn to start replacing them with more healthy ones ... Alan Gordon also highlights this in his free treatment program on this site - the notion of treating yourself better).
    8. The point of power is in the present moment

I admit that I do find some of her spiritual beliefs a little out there but her message is timeless. Don't let the detail cloud the message. When I first read this book, it helped me sleep as I recognized self critical thoughts, acknowledged them as Sarno wants us to do, then told myself there can be another way. I can love myself instead. Sometimes I walk around chanting "I love myself" in my head. It sounds silly but it has helped reduce anxiety and insomnia.

I promised @IndiMarshall that I would provide my thoughts. Thanks again and do focus on her message. Don't get too caught up in things that are harder to swallow (like loving yourself can cure cancer .... it probably does help to have a good mental outlook while doing cancer treatments but I medical science is useful too ;).

Focus on her core message and I think it can really help you.

Cheers,
    AC45

6. Sugarfrost

Sugarfrost New Member

@IndiMarshall , in the meantime I've put together a playlist of positive / I love myself songs.
    I really can recommend India Arie as well or the Abraham Hicks songs

I'm still wobly in pain/no pain but diving into this site and just received the book of Steven Ozanich, all helping allready.
    And yes, i keep singing <3

EileenS likes this.
  7. IndiMarshall

Thanks for your wonderful time in writing this up.. I didn't read her book. I learnt Love yourself concept from my mentor and watched many youtube videos of her and developed my own techniques to heal by loving ourselves. Your points are very helpful for anyone who is starting fresh.

8. IndiMarshall

Sure I will check the Indi Aire songs.. Thank you ..

9. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

India Arie. Love her. My album from the early 2000's is always makes me feel happy, as does Norah Jones first album.

linnyc87, Sugarfrost and IndiMarshall like this.
  10. IndiMarshall

India.Arie - I Am Light , song is great .. thanks for referring.. I specially liked the lyric 'I am the God in the inside' ..
    the last stage of any spiritual path is finding God with in us.... we dont have to fear about the outside force rather attract it for our wellbeing..

linnyc87 likes this.
  11. ciciho

ciciho New Member

Hi Jan, I too have noticed that it is not linear, I’ll have 3 pain free days and then pain day and etc( going from every day pain to having multiple pain-free days in two weeks is amazing) I know this proves it isn’t structural but some days it’s easier to hold on to that knowledge. The days that the pain is bad from the moment I wake up it is harder to talk myself down. On the good days it’s easier to make it go away when it try’s to come on because my resolve seems stronger. Any advice on how to hold on to the little victories and relish that feeling?/ not get discouraged

Thanks

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  12. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @ciciho , and welcome to the forum!

You're already doing great, as you know. The hard part is to keep our fearful primitive brains from continuing to try to drag us down into the negative. This is the way our brains were built, and this mechanism was designed to keep us worried and on the alert in the ancient primitive world. The problem is that this mechanism still exists but it has not evolved. It simply does not work well in today's insane world, where we live WAY longer, and we have WAY more negative distractions to worry about - which our primitive brains still interpret as being dangerous to our survival. In other words, our amygdalas don't know the difference between someone who cuts you off in traffic and a sabre-tooth tiger - each one is a threat to our survival in our primitive brains. Never mind all of the concerns that start being laid on us as teenagers, designed to make us worry constantly about being successful in what is anticipated to be many decades of life.

That's what you're fighting against - your brain WILL keep trying to convince you that you're in danger, and that you need to be worried about threats. That's what is going on on those days when you are down and you are doubting.

The best advice I can give you is to be mindful of this negativity, to really hear the negative messages that your brain is throwing your way, and to choose a counter-message.

Also, read the posts in our Success Stories subforum. There is a ton of great advice in there, descriptions of every symptom under the sun, and someone's story is sure to resonate for you.

Finally: be sure to love yourself. Love yourself for the progress you've made, for taking this step, and for being here. Love yourself enough that you know that you deserve to recover.

~Jan

13. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Brilliant video thanks for posting you made my day

14. IndiMarshall

Hey everyone.. How are you all.. It's nearly 2 years since I logged in. Hope you all doing great.

Jeather likes this.
  15. JanAtheCPA

Hi Indi - I'm always happy to hear that you are still doing well. These are strange and very tough times, and I think that a lot of people aren't doing well even if they aren't sick with the virus. Economies are crashing and people are scared. It's the perfect breeding ground for TMS.

The only silver lining I can see in this - at least where TMS is concerned - is that anyone experiencing an increase in their symptoms pretty much now has proof positive that their symptoms are TMS.

16. Jeather

Jeather Peer Supporter

So, really? After months and months of similar symptoms to yours, living most of life at a 10, over the last month, it has gradually gone down to a 6 or so. Back, buttock, sciatica still there, but after months at 10, I've been quite happy with 6. I've started jogging a bit. And today it all came back... all day at an 11. With 10 being the highest. Or so it seems. I feel numb thinking I might have months again like this... but you say that jumping up again can happen? And maybe just for a few days. Desperate for hope. Thank you for your story.

17. Jeather

Jeather Peer Supporter

I just posted above. Could the virus stuff have caused me to flare like this? I don't feel that upset about the virus really... I already homeschool lol. But we are on a stay at home directive now, and I have other family members really afraid. Am I repressing my fear? I have been afraid for my young adult son who has had a massive flare up of his TMS issues.

18. JanAtheCPA

To quote myself above:

linnyc87 and Jeather like this.
  19. Freesoul

Freesoul New Member

I am indeed inspired! I am 32 too with back pain for last 8yrs and can relate to what you were going through. It was a eureka movement for me!!, when I read your post. Of course, I had stopped loving myself long back and dint even remember how to do it anymore. Thanks a lot for this amazing insight.

linnyc87 and IndiMarshall like this.
  20. IndiMarshall

Hey sorry guys... didnt read your message.. Will get back to you.. Friday evening. Enjoying the evening after a long week.