1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Having a hard time

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by StarCluster, May 8, 2018.

1. StarCluster

StarCluster New Member

I am having a hard time right now. I am having horrible migraines and they are so relentless. Nothing seems to help.

But honestly, it's not like this is *new* for me. It's been 17 years of migraines. I used to get one or two per week. As I've gotten older, they are more frequent and more intense. Now I get them most days.

I feel like I am going crazy.

Anyone relate?

It's feeling lonely in my dark room.

Bodhigirl likes this.
  2. colls100

colls100 Well known member

Headspace pain management meditation pack.

And a bit of journalling each day on current stressors.

Worked for my daily headaches/migraines.

You got this x

StarCluster likes this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I recovered from over 50 years of migraines by treating them as TMS. You can read my story on my profile page or in the Success Stories sub-forum. Also, listen to the podcast from Curable of the interview with Susan Brown who recovered from migraines.

https://www.curablehealth.com/podcast (Like Mind, Like Body Podcast)

Migraines are TMS and it is possible to recover from them! You are in the right place. There is hope.

4. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

yes.
    have you done Howard Schubiner's workbook? i found it so helpful a long while back.
    have you done Alan's structured workshop? it is also helpful.
    I get auras still but seldom the migraine after. I go for months without any at all. But I am careful about stressing myself. I underschedule myself. I avoid the news for most of each day. I am careful with which friends I listen to. I have one person I am completely honest with about all my darker thoughts...
    Do you have support around you?
    Have you taken a trauma inventory? A grief inventory? It's not always rage that causes symptoms, in my experience. Often it's fear or sadness, anxiety or traumatic memories and patterns that repeat, repeat, and repeat.
    Sending good wishes!

StarCluster likes this.
  5. StarCluster

StarCluster New Member

Thank you for your response! These are great suggestions. I sometimes slip up on journaling about stressors and try to focus on writing positive things. Being positive is good, but maybe not helpful.

6. StarCluster

StarCluster New Member

Thank you so much! I needed to hear the message of hope. It can feel so impossible sometimes.

7. StarCluster

StarCluster New Member

I haven't done the workbook yet! I recently bought "Divided Mind" by Dr. Sarno... but I haven't read it yet. :-/
    I love Alan's workshop. Maybe a second visit would help me though.

I have some support, but it's hard. Most people just don't understand chronic migraine. Yay-they don't get migraines, but the empathy is lacking.

Thank you! :)