1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Frozen shoulder is gone gone gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Mikesnm, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Calum

Calum Well known member

Hi Mike, thanks for this success report, it’s an important reminder for me that the little aches and niggles I’m experiencing aren’t a physical problem and to just get out and enjoy the things I love doing.

Cheers,

Calum

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

But a stepper has nothing to do with shoulders:)

3. Balsa11

I thought for a frozen shoulder, nowadays doctors want you to get moving asap and would start with PT (that's what they did for my dad)?

4. Balsa11

Maybe meditation or trauma therapy could help?

5. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

I do both. The worst thing is more grief. My horse wrecked himself and was euthanized which left me with more pain - in the midst of the coronavirus sheltering. ingot to work with Alan Gordon for two sessions in Beverly Hills and no pain.
    Then it comes back.
    It’s my body, crying. And crying. And tired of grieving. Yet I have to.
    Did EMDR. Now I do breathwork for the grief. It’s wonderful and healing, at a deep somatic and spiritual level.

6. Balsa11

Sounds like you've been feeling really lonely with all the grief on top of lockdown. Oh and when I was talking about meditation, I meant like simple belly breathing just to release tension. The relaxation of the breathing kind of floods the body if you continue a bit even after a flareup. Sometimes symptoms get out of control when we overcomplicate things.

7. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

I love reading this. Thank you so much for explaining :)

8. PsychePsyche

PsychePsyche New Member

You're very right about it. Overcomplicating simple symptoms will get worse.

9. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

I’m glad I just read this thread because i’ve been suffering from a tight, popping shoulder that I initially thought was due to my work. since i’ve realized it’s TMS the pain has decreased drastically. although it’s still a bit of a challenge to get the pain to total subside, i’ve been doing Dr Schecter’s 30 day writing workbook and it’s been very helpful keeping my mind on the emotions and not on the pain.

Piano Mom likes this.