1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Feeling the Tension Rise

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ines, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Ines

Ines Well known member

I've been doing a little experiment on Monday mornings. Weekends = relaxation and unwinding = no migraines. Going back to work on Mondays = tension = headache/migraine.

This is the 3rd Monday where I've had several hours of stress and tension at work followed by a headache at the top of my head. Knowing this, today I came to work and had the same stress but pulled myself away from it and sort of just watched the stress happen around me and went along the day. Then, there were several hours of busy body work and now I have a headache but only once I engaged in the stressful activity for a few hours. It's so funny how headaches can be a tension thermometer.

Now that there are periods of no migraines and headaches I can better feel my nerves engaging and what is triggering them. Tension & emotions! Everything on this forum is helping though. It's taken a year of absorbing the info and actually practicing it (i.e. compassion, self care, fun..) but it's working. Just wanted to share in case anyone else searches migraines.

Ines

plum and Ellen like this.