1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

DAY 16 - Telling People I have TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JohnnyWindtunnel, Aug 31, 2022.

1. JohnnyWindtunnel

JohnnyWindtunnel New Member

A Journal Prompt asked today if I've told anyone I have TMS and what their response are.

For the most part, everyone (family and friends) seems to understand and wants me to have TMS, rather than a physical vaccine injury. I think this makes other people feel safer (because they're mostly vaccinated) and I think generally the people in my life want to be supported especially of psychological reasons for vax injury.

The biggest problem for me though is whether I believe this.

While I am constantly now filling my mind with TMS related material, I have also previously filled it for over a year, with terrifying vaccine injury related explanations for my symptoms and undergoing all kinds of treatments. I'm glad I'm not doing that anymore. It was anxiety provoking in and of itself

My mind still wanders toward those vaccine fears regularly, although much less so over the course of the last few weeks since I've been singularly studying TMS and not vax injury.

I'll just continue to educate myself, journal, and meditate and actively using my mind to be TMS affirming and positive toward healing and in time I will recover!

JanAtheCPA and Booble like this.
  2. Booble

Booble Well known member

Good job, Johnny. There was SO much fear created on the Internet about vaccines that it's no wonder that so many people are suffering (needlessly) now.
    Just think if it was the old days and everyone just went in for their vaccination with their doctor and that was the end of it. Nobody giving it a second thought.

You are fine.

What if you were to find out tomorrow that 00ps, they actually gave you saline instead of the vaccination. Within a day your body would be like, "Oh, ok, I'm fine." And yet prior to that you might be having all kind of symptoms, worries and woes.

Vaccination side effects do not last this long. Unless we let them.

Are you staying off those "vaccination injury" websites? It's critical not to let everyone who is stuck in that same mode get to you. They will have all kinds of "scientific" reasons, etc etc etc. They are reinforcing each other. They will keep (unnecessarily) giving themselves symptoms. And it makes them feel good to confirm it with each other.

You don't have to do that. You know better now. Keep up the good work that you are doing. You are fine.

3. JohnnyWindtunnel

Thanks for responding. I seriously appreciate it. I need all the reassurance I can get and yes I’m staying away from the vax injury sites now. They are a nightmare of reinforced terror lol

Booble likes this.
  4. Booble

Booble Well known member

Reassurance is key. Our little scared parts of the brain need that.
    The best is when kind doctors -- only the old school ones willing to do so -- put a friendly hand on the shoulder and let you know you are OK. That simple gesture and reminder allows the brain to let go.

Take care, Johnny!

JohnnyWindtunnel likes this.
  5. Sweetdaisy

Sweetdaisy New Member

Hi, how have you been? I hope the TMS has helped you! I need some reassuring

6. JohnnyWindtunnel

Hi. I definitely think the TMS work is worth it and am continuing, although now I use the curable app and am reading and following a book called “breaking free” by Jan Rothney I’m definitely not recovered and still deal with pain all the time but I’m handling it better emotionally and i know of many people who have recovered from my specific condition with TMS related techniques. I’m just not there yet, but hope to be. Don’t give up!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good to hear from you and get this update, JW!

~Jan

8. Sweetdaisy

Sweetdaisy New Member

Thank you for your reply! Do you mind sharing how the vaccine effected you?

9. JanAtheCPA

I don't recommend this.

Obviously @JohnnyWindtunnel can speak for himself, but I've been doing this work for eleven years, with a great deal of success in spite of six prior decades of increasing TMS symptoms and extreme sensitivity to world dysfunction - and since this is a public forum, I am going to insert my two cents.

This site is not for comparing vaccine symptoms. Our focus is mindbody healing and we would appreciate folks keeping it that way. JW himself looks like he has moved forward and is working hard to leave behind his initial belief that his symptoms were related to physiological effects from a vaccine.

@Sweetdaisy, you first posted here in November - have you made any progress at all from a mindbody perspective, or have you been spending all of this time trying to find confirmation for your belief that a vaccine caused your symptoms?

Responding to a statement you made in your first thread, please do a web search on "stress and inflammation". You will be amazed at the results. STRESS is obviously a huge contributor to inflammation. And if you're willing to look critically at the world of so-called vaccine responses, I suspect it's one of the few common factors. Maybe the only one. Isn't it a bit suspicious how many people report these effects who also report that they either really dreaded getting or objected to getting the vaccine? I urge you to consider the role that victimhood plays in this community, and visualize how it would feel to let go of that for yourself.

Personally, I love the vaccine. Me and everyone I know. I was 70 in 2021, already had an RA diagnosis (well-controlled on a low dose of a chemo drug but supposedly I'm immune-compromised as a result) and I have a ton of friends, acquaintances, and neighbors of varying ages, but mostly my age, along with a bunch of family members. Every single person in my circle was anxious to get the vaccine - and not a SINGLE one of those many people has had any adverse reactions to any of them (I think we're up to four now?) other than the expected ones. One of those people is an active 90-year old friend and neighbor. Plus we all get flu shots every year, as we've done for many years. I had a worse reaction to the second shingles vaccine (before COVID) and even that was over in less than 24 hours.

I have fairly recent and sudden-onset RA - an auto-immune condition which, like the others, supposedly has unknown origins - but I am 100% sure that in my case, it was caused by unrelenting stress and my own failure to be mindful. It's the only thing that makes sense given the timing, my advanced age, the circumstances, and a complete lack of family history. A nurse friend loaned me an authoritative book on the family of inflammatory health conditions (heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and auto-immune) which was technically pretty dense, but the last section addressed lifestyle changes, and guess what was in the list? REDUCE STRESS was either at or near the top of the list.

Reducing stress is ALWAYS on the list of lifestyle changes to improve and enhance health.

Look - adverse vaccine reactions have been well-known (and known to be rare) ever since vaccines started being administered, and there's no logical reason why this particular vaccine should be causing these lengthy and extremely vague responses - responses that are identical to TMS symptoms reported over and over by our forum members - except for fear and stress and the resulting inflammatory response. What's also well-known is that fear and stress can make ANY physical condition worse, and more difficult to recover from (probably for the same reason - excess inflammation).

We are happy to help you work on your fear and your repressed emotions and on why the TMS mechanism is giving you all your symptoms. We will not enable your continued belief that the vaccine has anything to do with it. Sorry - but that's my two cents, with a huge dose of tough love.

~Jan

10. Sweetdaisy

Sweetdaisy New Member

I understand your point, and I agree. Yes I’m guilty of looking for answers . In all honesty I do have reduction in symptoms, but I’m not sure if it’s strengthing my muscles or the mind work. Nevertheless, I still get doubts. I don’t have any intentions of bringing down anyone or their progress. I just want to resonate with someone for reassurance. Can you tell me where to start. I watch Dan Buglio every day and crushing doubt every Thursday. It’s a daily fight for me. I appreciate your approach and I know it’s for my good . Thank you

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  11. JohnnyWindtunnel

It’s totally okay to talk about post vax symptoms just like it’s okay to talk about any TMS symptoms, obviously. You have to recognize them to get started with this work.

I experience costochondritis, joint pain, palpitations, and inner ear/head pressure, internal vibrations. These have mostly improved over the last six monthes.
    They’re also very typical symptoms of post vax long Covid, regular long Covid and often arise, but are less common in, fibromyalgia and TMS overall.

The spike protein in the vac and Covid as a whole clearly have impact on the body. Certain people with what Sarno would call TMS personalities who are also under considerable stress or pressure at the time of vaccination or Covid may get stuck in certain symptom patterns even after the virus is gone — a sort of post viral CNS reaction, equivalent and similar to TMS, but also similar to chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia.

there’s a book about resetting the central nervous system in response to long Covid by Jan Rothney called “breaking free”. I’d really reccommend you start there and check out Raelen Agle’s cfs/long Covid recovery stories on YouTube and Nicole Sach’s journalspeak podcast for additional recovery stories.

This TMSwiki and TMS work as a whole is helpful but the neuroplasticity programs that directly discuss and treat long Covid offer more nuanced information that I’ve found helpful.

these include DNRS and the Gupta method. Many people are recovering from long Covid and vac problems using them.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  12. JohnnyWindtunnel

Many Long Covid and Vax injuries are central nervous system issues — they are also TMS equivalents but I would hesitate to say that they are strictly your standard Sarno style TMS.

Do we need to move past obsession with the vaccine in order to recover? Yes. But we also need to be able to recognize the reality of our situation and feel comfortable discussing and understanding it in order to move forward, otherwise the fear and stress are compounded resulting in continuation of symptoms.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  13. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@Sweetdaisy
    You ask advice where to “start” healing. I suggest you re-read your first posts to the tmswiki. There is so much, including easy links to a free program.

JanAtheCPA and Sweetdaisy like this.
  14. Sweetdaisy

Sweetdaisy New Member

Thanks for your response. You’re right, since it’s all new to us, it’s hard to find valid facts from TMS Dr.s and coaches. It’s not like , “oh I have back pain”. I took the vaccine during a stressful part of my life. I was also afraid of the vaccine. The symptoms were real . I had head pressure , parastesia as well as neck and arm pain . What made my case harder is that MRIs showed I had bulging discs , kyphosis and stenosis in my neck. So I went to a chiropractor and things got worse. Debilitating tension headaches, neck pain and fatigue. I was bedbound for months. So now I’m stuck with is it the vaccine or did the chiropractor injure me. I joined vaccine groups and found many that share my symptoms . I was happy at first that I found answers, but then I was getting nowhere reading all the doom and gloom and not getting better. It’s very tricky because as you suggested there is a spike protein involved, yet our body’s can get stuck because of neuro plasticity.

15. Sweetdaisy

Sweetdaisy New Member

16. Sweetdaisy

Sweetdaisy New Member

Hello cactus flower, thanks for your suggestion. What free program? Do you mind sharing with me?

17. JohnnyWindtunnel

Yes. The problem with the vac injury forums is that a lot of people on them are terrified and the fear reinforces fear and makes symptoms worse and you also have a lot of people who have tried too many treatments and like you said can’t tell what the damage is from the original issue or additional treatments.

Trying to discuss vaccine related issues in a standard TMS forum can be a pretty big problem. Definielty has been for me. People’s emotionally and politically driven vaccine related biases can cause more stress and make you feel gaslit. Most of the TMS people really don’t understand the complexities of our situation — but their basic philosophy does help.

The CFS and post viral related nueroplasticity groups i reccommended really seem to be the way to go. It basically is TMS but it also includes more specific mechanisms that better explain what actually happened to us that while very similar to TMS, offers some nuance and validation that standard TMS treatment and paradigms don’t include.

18. JanAtheCPA

@Sweetdaisy, just click on your own avatar and go to your own profile page. Under the Postings tab, there's a page of your content in reverse chron order, and in your case, your first thread is at the bottom of the list. Go to that thread, where you'll find all the advice you received in November.

FYI, someone with more content than a page's worth would need to click on one of the links at the bottom of this page to find older posts: Find all content by *** or Find all threads by***