1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - ready to let go of my IBS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by EllaNYC, Sep 6, 2019.

1. EllaNYC

EllaNYC Newcomer

I’ve been suffering with IBS for over 15 years and now it affects every day of my life. I spend a lot of time in bed resting and all my time hungry. Seems like I’ve been to thousands of doctors and tried every diet on earth.
    I’ve also been struggling with anxiety and chronic fatigue and headaches and some shoulder and foot pain. It’s clear to me that it’s TMS and I’m so ready to get better - but I still can’t help automatically blaming food.

One of the hardest parts is how moody I am and how easily I’m triggered and annoyed and angry. Feels like I’m giving all my energy to my pain and there’s none left for my life or the people I love.

I also have a hard time breathing or at least taking a deep breath..wondering if anyone else experienced that?

Words of encouragement welcome

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy...I have a similar story. If you have time, feel free to read my profile and some of my postings. I had 11 years of IBS-C that kept getting worse, then I got mono (real) and after that it developed into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (TMS). Long story short, this stuff works! I'm doing much better, although the IBS hasn't fully gone away, it's much less severe an no longer scary. And I know it doesn't matter what I eat! (although I still eat very healthy). Shortness of breath was a symptom of mine too at times (at my worst I had like 15-20 different symptoms). Follow through with the program, and if you can, read a supplemental book from Dr. Schubiner, Dr. Sarno, or another TMS practitioner. You can do it!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

OR, might I suggest my #2 book (after The Divided Mind) which is Hope And Help For Your Nerves, by Claire Weekes. The best little book for anxiety, written in 1969 and still helping thousands of people all over the world. Dr. Weekes talks about all of the physical manifestations of anxiety, including shortness of breath (and we are assuming that you've been checked out for the shortness of breath, and you've been told there is nothing wrong with your heart and lungs, right?)(Just making sure ;))

ssxl4000 likes this.