1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

New Program Day 1: Introduction

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Jul 11, 2017.

1. GShaw

GShaw New Member

Good Luck with the program!

I think you will be very surprised with your results if you stick with the program. Remember it all takes time and also remember, just because you might get through the program without the result maybe you hoped for, don't give up.

My first time around with this program was October 2018. Long before this time I was a believer that some level of my pain was due to stress and my life. I struggled to believe my shin pain at that time was mainly due to my mind. How could it be, I am the one feeling this pain every time I go for a walk. It only made sense to me that the action of stepping was causing my pain.

As soon as I began to approach the program with an open mind, my results started to develop. Today I am able to walk hours at a time with pretty much no shin pain.

Just like yourself for about two years I avoided activities I enjoy a lot of the time because of my shin pain. I often still went walking but never enjoyed my walks as much as I wanted to. Today walking for me is probably the most positive aspect of my life. Another aspect I enjoy is dancing and for about two years I avoided this because I knew it would be painful.

I am a believer in this program and believe you'll notice major improvements.

My biggest challenge, dealing with many different fears in my life.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Josh Howard likes this.
  2. NameK

NameK Well known member

Thank you Alan for posting this as I didn't know you had tinnitus as a symptom. I've had tinnitus since November 2018 and I'm not sure how mine was caused bit it doesnt matter how you got it ? Even after a concert ? It's always tms ?. I've also been dealing with sinus pressure, ear pain for the last couple of weeks. My brain lnstantly thinks omg you might have an undiagnosed infection ! But if Im sure I would be servely sick by now.

My brain always thinks worst case scenario and probably thinks my tinnitus is from all those concerts I've been to headphone or gaming headset use and playing my car stero driving all day in the last 5 years but I know that's not the case.

After being sick of seeing walk in doctors who claimed I had an ear infection after getting it flushed (I took the antibiotics for 10 days guess what it didnt help) so I saw my gp last week and sure enough she said it didnt look like I had an ear infection.

So i assuming my sinis pressure / ear pain is from stress or a cold that wont go away. The ear pain is on my left side and my tinnitus is on the right side. I never got my right side flushed as it didnt need to be apprently.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  3. Fran

Fran Newcomer

Dr. Batson recommended your program. Full Speed Ahead!

4. SRcombs

SRcombs New Member

This question is for Alan. Hey is there a printable version of this anywhere? I want to show this to my mom and she doesn't do computers, so a print off would make it easier her to follow along. Obviously it can't involve the videos, but the information is so her. My mom has been afraid of everything practically her whole life and I think this might really help her. I know I could copy and paste every day into a word doc for her, but what a pain.

5. GShaw

GShaw New Member

Hi Fran,

Great recommendation! I hope things have been going well for you with Alan Gordon's program.

Wishing you nothing but great success!

Greg