1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Alan G. chronic fatigue?

Discussion in 'Ask a TMS Therapist' started by Guest, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

For anybody who may be interested in chronic fatigue, I wanted to update this thread.

I now consider myself to be a success story. I will write more about it in the success stories section of the TMS Wiki (eventually :)). But in a nutshell... I've been exercising, lifting weights, and being active everyday for over a month. I've seen no return of the fatigue and cold/flu like symptoms.

How'd I do it? I worked Alan Gordon's; Pain Recovery Program | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome) (tmswiki.org)
    And as I've indicated in other threads, I really worked it. I went through it multiple times and took copious notes each time. I basically re-wrote his whole program in my own words, then summarized it, and then summarized it further. (Pretty crazy, eh?)

I also started doing mindfulness meditations. I used the meditation to embellish and support Alan's somatic tracking techniques, as well as to deal with difficult emotions. It really helped reduce my anxiety, which was another important factor in my recovery. I particularly like the free UCLA MARC meditations - Weekly Podcast at the Hammer - UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center - Los Angeles, CA (uclahealth.org)

Was it easy? No, it was not. I really had to stick with it through some difficult challenges. But it was incredibly rewarding. Not just because I feel so much better, but also because it's been a wonderful opportunity for growth and insight. I guess that's why some folks call TMS a gift.

Shakermaker, Lexi S, Lotus and 2 others like this.
  2. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

GREAT JOB! and thank you for your inspiring and encouraging post. i am thrilled for you!

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Thank you, Trustit!! So kind of you to say that ... :):)