1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Celine Dion

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Enrique, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Enrique and TG957 like this.
  3. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

@Enrique
    I was wondering when someone would bring up Celine’s diagnosis on this forum.
    Then someone from the TMS world should reach out to her if there is any possibility.
    A scary diagnosis for us TMSers.

NYTMS and Enrique like this.
  4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Enrique likes this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

You make a good point. I would like to think that this is something that the PPD Association might engage in, since one of their primary purposes is outreach to the greater medical community.

Psychophysiologic Disorders Association (ppdassociation.org) - founded by most of the well-known luminaries in the TMS world, including forum founder Forest (lol, say that three times, fast).

Just as a side note, the PPDA does not refer to the TMS acronym at all, which I personally think is the correct approach going forward.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    TG957 likes this.
  6. mbo

mbo Well known member

I have contacted her agent. Bad vibes, for the moment, sadly.

Enrique likes this.
  7. TG957

Very brave of you! Hopefully, she listens and fully recovers!

Enrique likes this.
  8. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

@mbo you mean well but I’m thinking the recommendation might have to come from the medical experts on TMS.

on the other hand, Celine’s diagnose can have a negative effect on TMSers thinking our issues can be related to autoimmune issues. Can’t win

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I just re-read the latest news on her and something caught my attention. I saw headlines with another celebrity 'sufferer' sympathizing. I Remember Sarno talking about this . If you have a mental issue it can be the career kiss of death; most people aren't too sympathetic
    BUT if you have a physical disorder, people become sympathetic and solicitous. ...so the unconscious chooses the latter.

I have worked in the homes of a number of celebrities and power brokers. Most of them have a large circle of friends,family and support staff that have become dependent on them economically and emotionally. If something were to happen to them, Many worlds would get rocked. They feel it deeply, much like the guy Sarno said couldn't get better , in the early chapters of HBP. These people are surrounded by 'solicitous' and 'compassionate' people. TMS theory has, at first glance, a sort of 'victim blaming' flavor. I remember too well the first guy who told me about it...wanted to kick him!!! I had to run out of resources and solutions to give it a fair look.

So imagine a celebrity surrounded by these people....Unlimited funds, friends with skin in the game and doctors everywhere.

Blessed are the Poor.

10. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

@Baseball65 Yes... so many hurdles to the truth...

I makes me think that there's an opportunity for a Celebrity "Mindbody" Doctor. I know Alan Gordon is in Beverly Hills... maybe he'll be the one? Who knows... time will tell...

JanAtheCPA and Baseball65 like this.
  11. JanAtheCPA

Having been Dx'd with sudden- and late-in-life-onset RA shortly after the start of the pandemic, I have been frustrated by the fact that those of us with AI conditions are urged by the traditional medical community to reduce stress in order to control our symptoms (and it does help!) but no one in that same community, with the exception of a few pioneers like Dr Gabor Mate, is yet able or willing to even suggest that stress could in fact possibly be a cause (IMHO possibly the cause) of AI conditions.

Me, I have no doubt that this is true, but I'm just a retired accountant, so what do I know?

BruceMC and Enrique like this.
  12. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

If you know about Celine’s young life, and recognize how much of a perfectionist and how hard she drove herself, her situation is understandable. I have her earliest records, as a pre-teen with her sister, and Rene was involved in her career then. To loose him snd perhaps struggle as an aging star, who at one time supported her family (as a child singer), it’s a lot.

TG957 and Enrique like this.
  13. mbo

mbo Well known member

14. TG957

I wish she had a trusted friend who is knowledgeable about TMS. TMS is written all over her bio.

Enrique likes this.