1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can't believe I'm a SUCCESS story - Feet pain 15 years 90% gone!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by WantToBelieve, Sep 28, 2017.

1. WantToBelieve

WantToBelieve Peer Supporter

Hi there...I had Ed and I would recommend him. If you can ever get in touch with Alan, he is INCREDIBLE!!!

2. WantToBelieve

As a continued update...since I posted this I remain nearly pain-free. I'm 100% pain-free probably 90% of the time. I still can't believe this is possible. I struggle for over 15 years of my life and I'm only 40! Nearly half my life was spent in pain and now, I'm pain-free most of the time. I never ever in my wildest dreams thought I'd get to this place. I just didn't think it was something I'd even strive for. If anyone is in Chicago, Dr John Stracks is who worked I primarily worked with and he is outstanding. Look him up. Even if you aren't local, he has frequent success story panels and question/answer type sessions that you can phone in to.

Click#7, miffybunny and Lizzy like this.
  3. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Do you still feel anything in your feet like walking on bone without the pain ? Just curious....

4. WantToBelieve

I do not feel that sensation when I’m pain-free. The times when the pain does creep in, yes, that is how it feels. I can’t even comprehend how this sensation and the pain has stopped. It’s just remarkable what the brain can do!

5. Imgonnawin

Imgonnawin Newcomer

So great to see your success story!! May I ask if you beat the erythromelalgia too?

6. WantToBelieve

I did beat the Erythromelalgia too!!! Been free of it without one episode for 6 years now!!

tag24 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  7. Innybeany

Innybeany New Member

Wonderful story in such detail.... thank you so much for sharing all that and you had it for so long!! So brave...
    I had my foot pain from stubbing my small toe and having a small fracture. 2 months later my whole foot started playing up....convinced it's TMS as the pain changes around the foot and apart from the fracture have not physically hurt my foot. Your letter was so helpful and I really hope you are cured of it now.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  8. WantToBelieve

I’m so sorry to hear you are in pain. Happy my story could help in any way! Im happy to answer any questions you may have. Stick with it. It can be a wow journey but it’s worth it. I’d say I’m 100% 90% of the time. I still face challenges on a long day of standing but it’s an outlier and I try hard not to let it get me down.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. tag24

tag24 New Member

Hey Jodie - just saw your interview with Dr Stracks recently and remembered reading your story here. I'm dealing with something like EM myself and hoping to treat it via neuroplastic healing methods like those for TMS. I know your own EM resolved seemingly separately to any mindbody work (and at least back in 2017, you mentioned you had difficulty even believing it was TMS, which is where I'm at lol), but I still take your story as a point of hope that it can go away as quickly as it comes. Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad you're still doing well.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023