1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Call-In Discussion, Tues. July 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This Tuesday (July 1) the call-in discussion group will be discussing “TMS P.S.” in God Does Not Want You to Be in Pain by forum members Eric "Herbie" Watson and Walt Oleksy. The recorded discussion will start at 9:00pm Eastern Time. Phone lines will open about half an hour early for folks to talk beforehand (not recorded). Connection details are as follows:
    • If you're connecting by phone, dial 1 201-479-4595 and when prompted enter the pin code 18311499 followed by the pound symbol.
    • If you're connecting via your computer (Fuze Meeting), go to http://fuze.me/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.
    • Connecting via computer gives you access to a chat room and lets you watch webcams of the hosts. For more information, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/connect

We welcome your feedback on how to improve these discussions. What do you like? What needs improvement? Share your thoughts (anonymously) at http://go.tmswiki.org/podcastfeedback .

For more information about the discussion group, and to listen to all past recorded discussions, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group .

“TMS P.S.” is the final chapter in Walt and Eric's book. We will likely spend both this upcoming discussion on July 1st and the discussion group on July 8 discussing this chapter.

If there are specific topics that you would like us to be sure to emphasize or bring up, let us know by posting below.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, everyone. Ten weeks of call-ins about Herbie's and my book seem to have flown by. Now we are at the final chapter
    which is called "TMS P.S" because we put into it everything that we didn't seem to find a place for in the earlier chapters,
    and also wanted to re-emphasize some things. As we say, it's more "chop" for your TMS "chop suey."

I's a long chapter so we plan to discuss it in two sessions, this Tuesday and next week Tuesday.

We include quite a few posts from our friends in the TMSWiki. org community who tell about their symptoms and ask for
    healing advice.

Herbie and I give examples of our childhood traumas that caused TMS pain, and others share their experiences.

Herbie talks about visualization and how it helps athletes to win victories in their sports. Our book was written before
    I learned about one of my sports heroes and his technique for winning Olympic gold medals. Australian swimmer Murray Rose
    said he stayed in the present moment during his gold medal events and visualized himself performing the winning style and pace.

We also discuss and recommend a new TMS book by Stephen Conenna, Use Your Mind to Heal Your Body. He tells how he
    healed from 15 years of chronic back pain after reading Dr. John Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain. He learned that his repressed
    emotions went back to his childhood and a demanding father which led him to developing a "goodism" personality that led to
    inner rage. Learning that from his "Inner Child," his pain went away.

Also, we write about an article by Psychotherapist Alan Gordon in reply to a man who said he accepted the belief that his pain was
    TMS psychological and not structural but still did not heal. Gordon tells how to keep using TMS techniques to become pain-free.
    He also talks of "Outcome Independence" in which those in TMS pain focus too much on when they will heal, which only slows down
    the healing process.

We then discuss Dr. James Alexander and his book, The Hidden Psychology of Pain, involving the healing techniques of "guided imagery"
    and "reconsolidation." This is followed by Psychotherapist Dr. Peter Zafirides who tells about "How Our Thoughts Play a Critical Role in
    Pain Relief."

Byron Katie then tells of her journey to overcoming deep depression and discovering a new feeling of happiness which she wrote about
    in her book, Loving What Is." She says "It's not the problem that causes our suffering, it's our thinking about the problem."

Herbie and I then encourage readers to watch a video lecture by Dr. Sarno about his book The Mindbody Prescription, Healing the Body,
    Healing the Pain,
    which is a two-hour lecture we consider to be the best plan for TMS healing.

Near the end of the chapter we discuss in detail the the TMS journey of Steve Ozanich in which he overcame 27 years of back and other pain,
    summarized from his book The Great Pain Deception.

Herbie and I believe that faith can play a major role in TMS healing, which we describe in a near-closing section called "The Faith Factor."
    Some members of the TMSWiki.org community are quoted in how they have found this to be true in their healing.

The book ends with a section we call "The TAO of TMS," encouraging readers to think positive and visualize a positive outcome to their
    TMS symptoms. I then join Herbie in hoping you will join us on our journey of Mindbody-Spirit as a new beginning to make you pain-free and spiritually healthy, happy, and fully loving life.

We hope you join us in the call-in Tuesday and again in our final call-in about the book next week Tuesday.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Becca

Becca Well known member

What a great discussion! Hard to believe we're on the last chapter already. Time flies...

Here's the recording of Tuesday's discussion. You can listen to it using the audio player below. Alternatively you can download it by right-clicking on this link, or the link below the audio player, and choosing to save it to your computer. Happy listening :headphone:

Click here to download the mp3 audio