1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

beginners' luck?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by futuredancer, Mar 12, 2013.

1. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

I wonder if that happened to anyone else. Right on the 2nd day of the tms wiki structured program, I had like a 2-hour disappearance of all pain but then it came back and since then I didn't feel any significant improvement. The fact that it disappeared for those 2-hours while I was working with the TMS concepts is a good indication that it is indeed TMS I am suffering from but since then (about a week ago) I haven't been able to counter-attack the TMS strategy again.

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I did notice at about Day 3 of the SEP that I started feeling 'different' (i.e. a new mood). I think what it was was that I was feeling more relaxed as I started to stop repressing my emotions. It came as a revelation that I must have been doing that for a long, long time. My TMS pain didn't vanish, but I did start walking around more smoothly I think. Sometimes TMS vanishes quickly 'in the twinkle of an eye', and sometimes it takes months or even years to resolve. You just don't know. But that 'opening' you experienced - that pain-free period - is something you can build on and expand. If you did it once, why not again? I think the more time you spend pain-free, the more the TMS conditioning breaks down and stops perpetuating itself. In any event, it sounds to me like you're off to a very, very good start. Keep at it. I'm sure you will succeed. ;)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

Thanks for sharing your experience with me, Bruce, and for the encouragement! :)