1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Attending to internal state John (clip#2)

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by Sha, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Sha

Sha New Member

Alan, This clip with John helped me get to my own internal state. I felt the same emotions and same relief of anxiety. I hope checking in will help me reduce my anxiety. I will continue to practice this process. Thank you so much Alan!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sha,

I am glad you're learning this. This habit of noticing and attending to where we are is such a relief to us, even if the state is anxiety. Although our habitual tendency seems to be "running from ourselves," the answer --what is actually satisfying-- is to stay with ourselves.

I think for all of us, this takes prolonged practice, since the personality tendency pushes us by habit in the opposite direction.

Andy B