1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Are food sensitivities TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newlearner, Mar 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

From the time this started, if I eat pasta, peanuts or eggs, my throat will swell the next day or so it feels and I will have difficulty swallowing.

If I eat these foods I can tell.

If I do not eat them I do not have the problem.

When I was experiencing a lot of rage and trauma, I was eating these foods.

I believe my body said these foods are causing your pain and became allergic to them so I'd stop feeling pain.

2. brecar92

brecar92 New Member

I have a history of allergies also...my pain psychologist mentioned to me once that allergic reactions and pain are inter-related - I'm not sure I caught the explanation correctly but the general idea was something like that. I got tested for allergies and found out I was highly allergic to all forms of pollen, and later found that the pain I had had for decades in various parts of my body weren't tendinitis at all as I had been told multiple times by multiple doctors, but something more along the lines of TMS. Wouldn't surprise me at all if your allergic reaction is due to an over-stimulated nervous system. Do you have chronic pain also?

JanAtheCPA likes this.