All of our online events use both a regular online text-based chatroom as well as an audio call (where the majority of the discussion takes place) for its format. To join the chatroom, simply go to www.tmswiki.org/chat, scroll down, and follow the instructions there.
Connecting to the audio call involves a few more steps. You can connect using a normal telephone, or using your computer through an application called Fuze Meeting, which we also use for our special webinar events. We encourage you to connect using your computer/Fuze Meeting, as it will allow you to see other attendees who are using their webcams, give you the option to use your own webcam, will save you any potential long distance charges, may have a better connection and clearer audio quality, and can also provide you with a more comfortable experience during the discussion.
Using Fuze Meeting
For instructions on how to install Fuze Meeting, and how to connect to the discussion group using Fuze Meeting, you can watch the following video, or follow the written instructions below.
If you do not have Fuze Meeting installed on your computer, and you want to join the discussion group using your computer, make sure you download it in advance (we suggest at least a day). It's free, and 100% safe, and incredibly easy. Here's how:
- Go to www.fuzebox.com/products/download
- Follow your computer's instructions to download and install Fuze. Keep in mind that although Fuze is an application downloaded from the internet, it is completely safe to install.
How To Connect
After you have installed Fuze, connecting to Fuze is easy. Simply follow these instructions:
- Click on this link. This should launch the Fuze Meeting application on your computer.
- Click on "Join Meeting." If Fuze Meeting asks, the meeting number is 18311499.
- When prompted, enter your name, or a preferred pseudonym, and click "Join as Attendee" to enter Fuze Meeting.
- Once in Fuze Meeting, a window titled "Call Info" should appear. (If not, you can open it by clicking on the blue "Call Info" link, which is located next to the white text, "Call Attendees.") Select VoIP, follow the steps after that, and then you should be fully connected to the audio.
Starting July 4th, we will be using a new telephone number to connect to our online events. In the meantime, follow these instructions to connect via phone.
If you are more comfortable using your phone, that is completely fine as well. However, please be aware that rates may apply based on your location and telephone provider. Here's how to join the discussion using your phone:
- Dial 1 646 583 7415.
- When prompted, enter the pin code 21558901.
Simultaneous Use of Phone and Computer
Using both your phone and Fuze Meeting to connect to events often creates an echo in the audio, which is distracting for the other attendees. Unless your computer has a significant problem with its sound, there is no reason for you to be connected to events by both devices.
If you do experience audio difficulties while connected via your computer, and you do not feel the features Fuze Meeting provides is necessary to your overall experience (for instance, seeing people via webcam or live video), we suggest disconnecting from Fuze Meeting and reconnecting to the event by calling in using your phone. However, if you feel that the features the Fuze Meeting application provides are vital to your experience, but you cannot hear any sound coming through your computer, then it may be appropriate to also connect using your phone. (If you do so, please let whoever is running that event know the last four digits of the number you are calling from.)
|DISCLAIMER: The TMS Wiki is for informational and support purposes only and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations. See Full Disclaimer.|