Please keep in mind that before treating any condition, including Sacroiliac pain, as TMS or PPD, it is vitally important to consult with your physician in order to rule out any serious medical conditions. To learn more about TMS and PPD, and to help you figure out if you have it, visit our An Introduction to TMS page and watch the video there. Some more guidance in figuring out if this approach is right for you can be found in the video at the top of our So You Think You Might Have TMS page.
To contribute your own story of healing from TMS, please click here to see how to post it on the forum.
Sacroiliac pain and TMS Success Stories
- Pandamonium's Success Story: This is Pandamonium's story of how she put her back out pushing a sofa, and how this led to 10 years of disabling back pain caused predominantly by her fear and conditioning. In sheer desperation she searched the internet to see if surgery was an option for her annular fissure and instead discovered a link to Healing Back Pain by John Sarno and having read it in one sitting, she started to get her life back on track. You can visit Pandamonium's TMS Wiki profile to say hi!
- Flyefisher's Success Story: This is flyefisher's personal account of how stress in his life (including a 6-week visit from his mother-in-law led to unbearable pain that was diagnosed as "degenerative disc disease," and an "L4/L5 internal disc disruption." After experiencing a near psychological breakdown at the chiropracter's office, his chiropracter recommended Dr. Sarno's book, and flyefisher found both TMS and his sanity.
- CRK's Success Story: This is an interesting story by CRK because he describes how he beat most of his lower back pain within 3 days of reading Healing Back Pain, but how he then deals with a couple of relapses. This story, and the tips included there, may be helpful to people who feel they are taking a while to become pain free.
- Joanie's Success Story: This is the story about Joanie, a 17 year old, who would wake up in the middle of the night with pain and discomfort. She describes how attending Dr. Schubiner's workshop helped her learn how to meditate and take control of her pain and "talk to it." She has overcome her chronic pain and even received an athletic scholarship to play Division 1 soccer.
- Lockwest discusses how he first began having back pain after starting at a University. The pain was so intense he compared it to "a railway spike through the lower back at times". To make matters worse he developed an actual injury when he was hit by a car. This story gives an account of how he overcame TMS by reading Healing Back Pain.
Sacroiliac pain referenced in TMS Books
No references documented yet. If you find some, put them here.
We want your success stories and other input! Feel free to add them to this page. See About editing Symptoms & Diagnoses pages to learn how.
This page is a stub. You can help by expanding it. Just click on the Edit tab at the top of the page, and make your changes. Don't forget to Save!
|DISCLAIMER: The TMS Wiki is for informational and support purposes only and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations. See Full Disclaimer.