1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 14 Yes the pain is moving around

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookie_777, Dec 31, 2016.

1. cookie_777

cookie_777 Peer Supporter

Hello all,

So all of this began with pain in my neck and my shoulders. The pain was there, constant, soemtimes my shoulder blades would throb for a whole day. Now that's gone, and I have knots. Well I always had knots but before the knots would ache. Now they just are. Is that progress?

Also, my lower back started paining a few weeks into the program. It's annoying because whenever I walk for a while it starts to hurt. And when I feel it I can feel the muscles are really tight. I try saying 'brain, send oxygen' or ignoring the pain, but sometimes its hard like- do I have a low back problem? Why does this hurt so much?

So as it is now, my neck is super stiff, and my shoulders. The low back went away for the night. AAAh, this can be sooo FRUSTRATING!!! I just want the knots to go away and the tension in my body to disappear. This repression journalling can also be depressing at times. If anyone has noticed I'm on day 15 and it's been 2 months. Does this mean I'm failing? Do I have to go back to the beginning? Planning to be more consistent next 30 days.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, cookie. I don't think you have to go back and start the SEProgram again. Just keep going and see if you heal. Pains do move around as you journal to discover repressed emotions.

Dr. Sarno says it's okay to take medication so long as your main belief is in TMS causing the pain.

I have found Voltaren Gel to relieve back and neck and knee and other pain to be very effective. It's only available from a doctor's prescription. Have you had a doctor look at you?

Here's information about Voltaren Gel from an exchange of posts here:

1. Diclofenac, a common painkiller, has significant anti-cancer properties, according to researchers from the Repurposing Drugs in Oncology project.

The Repurposing Drugs in Oncology (ReDO) project, an international collaboration between the Anticancer Fund, Belgium, and US based GlobalCures, finds that existing and widely-used non-cancer drugs may represent a relatively untapped source of novel therapies for cancer.

Their investigation into diclofenac has been published in the open-access journal ecancermedicalscience.

Like other drugs examined by the ReDO project, diclofenac is cheap and readily accessible — and as it’s already present in many medicine cabinets, it has been carefully tested.

Diclofenac is a well-known and widely used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain in conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, as well as Migraine, fever, acute gout and post-operative pain.

It is available as a generic medication called
      Voltaren and is cost-effective.

NSAIDs have shown promise in cancer prevention, but there is now emerging evidence that such drugs may be useful in actually treating cancer.

For example, diclofenac taken in combination with other treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy, may improve their effectiveness.

The ReDO researchers examined the literature and believe that there is enough evidence to start clinical trials on the use of diclofenac in cancer treatment.

“It’s still somewhat surprising that there is still so much we don’t understand about how many of the standard drugs we use every day, like diclofenac, work,” says study author Pan Pantziarka, PhD, member of the ReDO project and the Anticancer Fund.

“But the more we learn, the more we can see that these drugs are multi-targeted agents with interesting and useful effects on multiple pathways of interest in oncology.”

Given the multiple mechanisms of action of diclofenac, particularly with relation to angiogenesis and the immune system, it may well be that this is a drug with huge potential to treat cancer, especially when given in the perioperative period.

Cutting down on the risk of post-surgical distant metastases through the use of drugs like diclofenac may represent a huge win in the fight against cancer, the authors say.

“After all, it’s metastatic disease that most often kills patients, not the original primary disease,” Pantziarka explains.

“It may also be that diclofenac may have actions which synergise with the latest generation of checkpoint inhibitors — the combination of the latest drugs in the anticancer armoury with some of the oldest is especially exciting.”

[​IMG]

Walt OleksyBeloved Grand Eagle

1. Hi, Tom. Thanks for sharing this information. I'm surprised that Big Pharm hasn't shot at it because it reportedly works and is not expensive. Cancer patients ought to ask their doctor about it before trying it.

Walt Oleksy, Yesterday at 12:52 PMEditDeleteReportBookmark

#2Reply

1. Tennis Tom likes this.

[​IMG]

Tennis TomBeloved Grand Eagle
    1. New

Thanks Walt, I've been taking diclofenac (generic; Voltaren, brand name for a few months now for my Hip "arthritis", and found it beneficial to improving my functioning. I posted a report about it when I got the google alert about the meta-study, finding this older NSAID to be the best out of the rest of them, Tylenol, Alleve, Advil, Motrin, etc. I got an rx for it the same day from my physician's assistant and been using it two a day. It costs me about $9 a month. I just called a friend who is dying of cancer and told him about it yesterday and asked him to tell his doctor about it.

I have been surprised and shocked to see that diclofenac has gotten no traction since the meta-study out of Berne, Switzerland (all the best studies are out of Europe aren't they) was published in the Lancet, a reputable medical journal. The problem probably is that it's old, gone generic, and there's no new money it it for the drug companies. The info is probably sitting in that three-foot high stack of journals that every doctor has on his desk. I don't think the drug companies will expend any of the valuable marketing time of the good looking sales ladies handing out note pads and pens to doctor's offices on this inexpensive drug that's OTC in some countries. Like TMS, until the fake media puts it above the fold, it won't get any traction, just too much stuff for PR people to tout that has money to back it. It would be a good one for John Stossel, the libertarian pundit, who did a great piece about TMS that's archived here--but unfortunately, he's just retired from his regular program on the FOX Network--but did leave the window open for special assignments. Walt, you know better then I do how news is manufactured, do you have any ideas on how the word can get out on things like this, that show promise, as well as TMS, for which searches on Dr. Sarno on the internet have been in decline?

Th

[​IMG]

Walt OleksyBeloved Grand Eagle

1. Hi, Tom. Thanks for the new post about Diclofenac because it turns out that I use its generic equivalent, Voltaren. The lady who cleans my house has a lot of back ache and her doctor recommended Voltaren gel. She gave me a tube and I can happily report that when I have any back ache, I rub only a small amount of the gel on where the hurt is, and it goes away really fast.

Maybe it's TMS stress of the holiday and it being the morning of Christmas Eve, but I had some stabbing lower Back Painthis morning, below my belt line. I just now rubbed a little Voltaren gel on it and the back ache is gone. That area now feels warm and relaxed. Really!

As for spreading the word, you can use my experience as an example. Magazines, newspapers, radio and tv are all reluctant to hype medical products for fear of being sued. I'd say the best way to let people know about Diclofenac/Voltaren is from posting on Facebook and Twitter. Look at how far Donald Trump went by getting his campaign out via Twitter !

Hope you have a real Happy Holiday. God bless you and Voltaren.

Walt

3. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Hi Yes thats the way it works and the pain is so bad you think is this something serious it cant be just O2 reduction. Its the worst pain and times and when I take meds I just say I know this is not hurting or damning pain but I am taking meds for the symptoms of TMS. If I could mention an amazing product the actiPatch® is a new and clinically proven drug free technology in the fight against chronic muscle & joint pain. Provides long-lasting and drug-free pain relief with no side-effects. ActiPatch® relieves pain due to muscle and joint soreness, strains and sprains, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and more.http://actipatch.com/ (ActiPatch® Pain Relief) I am going to post it on the main page its amazing and I take oxycontin and this is as good I love it and no meds or side effects within 5 mins of being put on you feel the relief.

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

FYI : I got an RX for the generic Voltaren gel, Diclofenac 1% gel for boo-boos. My left knee was a bit sore from walking around big box-stores a lot lately, like Home Depot, Office Max, Bed Bath and Beyond and a lot of other walking fixing stuff around the house. It was my first opportunity to try the diclo gel. I can't afford to have two bad legs, my right hip's gimpy from arthritis, so the left has to do about 75% of the work. I applied it as directed three times in twenty-four hours and my left knee feels back to normal.

Saoirse likes this.