1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Wrapping Up on Tuesday October 14: Consultations with Nicole Sachs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

For the past ten weeks, the Tuesday night discussion group has been as active as it has ever been while we have been discussing the TMS book The Meaning of Truth by former Sarno patient and Sarno psychotherapist @Nicole J. Sachs LCSW . Nicole has been taking the time to join in all of our discussions of her book to offer commentary on each week's reading, answer questions, and share her insights with the group about the TMS healing process overall.

As I announced previously, Nicole has generously offered to conduct free, individual consultations with TMSers who join the discussion group and are seeking support and guidance with their own case. She began this last week call, after we wrapped up our official discussion of her book, and this upcoming Tuesday, October 14, Nicole will be spending the entire call doing these individual sessions.

We have lined up two people for Tuesday's call. If you would like to call in at the beginning of the show (or better yet, early when the phone lines first open) you are welcome to do so to be on the waiting list. However there's a good chance both sessions will take up the full hour, so please keep this in mind if you call in.

I think there's great value in listening to others' stories and experiences. Having the opportunity to hear others' preliminary sessions can really help us think about how we would respond in similar situations. Going further, sometimes by hearing someone else's story it is easier to gain insights into our own. I hope you'll all join in the call!

Forest

-----

The recorded discussion will start at 9:00pm Eastern Time (EDT), but phone lines will open approximately half an hour beforehand for people to chat off the recording with Nicole, myself, and other callers. Connection details are as follows (visit go.tmswiki.org/connect for full information):

• If you're connecting by phone, dial 1 201-479-4595 and when prompted enter the pin code 18311499 followed by the pound symbol.
    • If you're connecting via your computer (Fuze Meeting), go to http://fuze.me/18311499 and follow the instructions from there. Connecting via computer gives you access to a chat room and lets you watch webcams of the hosts.
    Learn more about the Tuesday night discussion group and access all past recorded discussions at:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group

2. Forest

I am really looking forward to tonight's call! I hope to see many of you there :)

3. Forest

Due to a medical emergency, Nicole was unfortunately unable to attend Tuesday's call as planned. Though we certainly missed her presence, we ended up having a wonderful discussion! However, because people were sharing personal experiences and because it was just us peers, we didn't turn the recording on until late in the call. It was nice - not having the recording on kept things relaxed and spontaneous. I think that people felt a little more comfortable jumping in and sharing their experience.

To bring everything full circle and conclude the ten weeks we have spent on Nicole's book, I recorded the very end of the call with some closing remarks:

Click here to download the mp3 audio

Next Tuesday we will have an open, non-recorded discussion, somewhat similar to the one we had this past Tuesday. Click here for the full announcement. I hope to see you all there!