1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Who has worked with a therapist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by freedomseeker, Aug 14, 2018.

1. freedomseeker

freedomseeker Peer Supporter

Have you worked with a therapist either via Skype or in person who has helped in your recovery? If so, how was your experience with this? Thanks!

2. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

My sister did, not me. It was good, we can see that she gets better every session.

freedomseeker likes this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes! It's very helpful. I worked with The Pain Psych. Center by phone (Daniel and Amber). Alan Gordon is the director.

4. freedomseeker

freedomseeker Peer Supporter

Hi Miffybunny,

Thank you for your response. How did the phone sessions work with your insurance company? I’m not sure if mine will cover this because I am out of state. Thanks

5. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi! Unfortunately I paid out of pocket, BUT when I think of all the thousands I spent on horrible treatments, procedures, drugs, dr. visits etc.... it's worth every penny to get your life back. They probably do sliding scales if insurance won't cover.

6. GetBusyLiving

GetBusyLiving New Member

There aren't any TMS practitioners in my area and I have not yet identified a truly insight-based / analytic psychoanalyst either.

However, I have been seeing a counselor who specializes in addiction and trauma with a strong Mindbody belief and focus. She utilizes EMDR and EFT techniques (two therapies endorsed by TMS authors Dr. Howard Schubiner and Steve Ozanich) and to address past traumas - which has been very effective.