1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Where To Start

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by EurypteridR, Apr 13, 2020.

1. EurypteridR

EurypteridR New Member

Hi, everyone. I'm new here I've had what I now believe to be TMS for around six years now and I could use some advice on where to start. There are programs, books, seminars. A couple of time I have started doing to many things at once find it's takes up an hour a day and then give up.

Which is not really useful so does anyone have any advice on a. where to start like with a specific book or program? b. how much time I should be doing tms work a day? c. My main issues are brain fog and fatigue not pain so how do I adjust this stuff to apply to me?

Thanks!

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @EurypteridR and welcome.

You're describing a very common occurrence - there is certainly a danger of taking on so much that you end up freezing in indecision.

We have two free programs right here that don't require any kind of signup or commitment - other than the commitment to stick to the work and to do it with complete self-honesty (which means do not let your fearful brain trick you into skipping things that might be uncomfortable). Your desire to spend less than an hour a day is probably your fearful brain doing just that, by the way.

You might find the Structured Educational Program appealing because it is structured, just like the name says.

Honestly, if an hour a day to get rid of your symptoms without going back to the doctors and spending more time and money isn't worth it to you, well... that's your choice. But I'll say again - this is probably not you, it's your brain, trying to keep you exactly where you are, which is stuck.

I will say that you don't have to do it every day. But you do have to keep doing it.

Feel free to read my profile. My symptoms were mostly not pain. It's not that hard to adjust the knowledge and the exercises if your mind is open. Which I guess is another requirement for doing this work ;)

3. Avnita Suri

Avnita Suri Peer Supporter

Hi Eurypteridr
    If you've started programs and things, what sort of success did you get, if any? How long did you do them for?
    From what you say, I think you need to break it down into smaller, more manageable chunks. Start with ONE short program / book and do the exercises for only 30 mins a day (15 mins reading and 15 mins tasks). That way, your overthinking mind can't take over. Can you do that for one week to start off with?
    I'm a firm believer that all of our issues need mind / body healing no matter what the symptoms, but you need to tackle them bit by bit.
    Let me know :)

4. EurypteridR

EurypteridR New Member

Yeah I've done some of the TMS Wiki structured program before and it actually really helped me with my pain I still have it but it doesn't interfere with my life in any meaningful way which is honestly what matters. That was before I had the insight that everything else was also TMS. I took JanAtheCPA's advice and am trying that program again, I'm on day four and it's going well (I have a ton of time right now). Thank you for the advice though, if I find myself falling off the wagon again I'll be sure to take it!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Avnita Suri

Avnita Suri Peer Supporter

@EurypteridR, OK great - I'm glad you've got support and things to work on. There is always a way. Don't give up.