1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

When are you "Medically Cleared" ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BubbaTime14, Apr 2, 2019.

1. BubbaTime14

BubbaTime14 Newcomer

I am new hear and wanted to first thank you all for the sharing and compassion on this site. It is wonderful and helpful.

I believe I started a form of TMS this past summer. I felt "off" mentally and physically had a strange skin dermatitis. Saw my regular doctor who did bloodwork and found nothing wrong. Went to dermatologist for the skin condition. She was not sure what was causing it and had me go on Alegra. The skin condition subsided in October. Almost right after it subsided I started getting ringing in my ear (November). This ringing continued along with strange face pain and tension headaches. Saw an ENT who did a head MRI and found nothing. The ENT suspected I may have a TMJ issue. The symptoms have continued on and off so I went to a TMJ expert this week. In his expert opinion I do not have TMJ. He has suggested a neurologist as my next option.

My question to this group is when do you know you that you truly are medically cleared of any serious physical issue? My issues have varied from a skin issue, ear ringing, headaches, face pain, lightheaded, and jaw soreness. I have only had them a relatively short time (since August of 2018) ...

Is it too soon to consider this a TMS issue or should I continue with a neurologist to hopefully get to point where I am "medically clear" of anything truly physical?

Thanks for listening and for your opinions

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

You have had normal blood test results and MRI and Doctors are not finding anything physically wrong with you. To me your symptoms seem very vague, inconsistent and have been moving around. This does sound like TMS. I see no harm in allowing yourself to relax and gain confidence in your health at this point and perhaps looking inwards to see what may be going on there.

Ellen likes this.