1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

what non pain symptoms of TMS do you have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by fls90, Jun 16, 2016.

1. fls90

fls90 Newcomer

im just curious as what non pain symptoms of TMS anyone has? very curious as the majority of the focus goes on pain but i would say there is equally an ammount of people with symptoms that arent related to pain

2. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

Anxiety and depression are fairly common ones. Dry eyes comes up a bit too.

3. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

The brain can create a whole multitude of symptoms. The more you look for them the more you will find them, so beware. Stevos book The Great Pain Deception has a whole lists of them. Fear is the driver behind them all, if you have tms your body is OK, no need to look for more symptoms.

Ryan

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

my dry eyes are painful! Depression and Anxiety is painful as well. I don't think there are any NON painful tms symptoms.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  5. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

Oh man. Here goes. In chronological order of appearance

-Anxiety
    -Panic attacks
    -Tinnitus
    -Hyperacusis
    -Health anxiety
    -Bruxism
    -Depression
    -Fatigue
    -Bowel related symptoms

That's over 5 years. My pain symptoms appeared through that. Everything gets better, or worse, at the same time. It's worth noting that many of these have rotated out. I no longer have health anxiety, depression, fatigue, hyperacusis, panic attacks, though they were all a part of daily life just a few years back (as in, an all-encompassing obsession, for the most part).

6. Sacha O.

Sacha O. Peer Supporter

For me it's :
    -Anxiety
    -Bruxism
    -Allergic rhinitis
    -Panic Attacks
    -And sometimes, when I'm stressed, the skin on my hands peels off

Lately, my back as been getting better so the rhinitis and my skin hands as been getting worse (but I don't mind those)

7. kevinmichael

kevinmichael Peer Supporter

8. kevinmichael

9. kevinmichael

Idiopathic Seizure Asthma

10. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

Hair loss... Some people say it is just stress or vitamin deficiency. I have seen discussios about it here and some people don't accept it as TMS.
    I have had it since I was 18. Did all possible blood tests you can imagine. My iron is always seen as the culprit, and I have been taking it everyday for a long time, with no changes in the symptoms. I had really bad episodes over these almost 22 years, some times over 6 months per year. It f. up my self steem. Right now, I am going thru another episode... I worry I am going to get really ugly and not feminine... People just think it is vanity but the emotional pain that comes with it just puts me on my knees... After I had the back pain relapse two weeks ago and got better after one week, my hair loss increased largely. Anyone else has it and thinks it could be TMS-related?

11. kevinmichael

I started going grey at age 20 and I always suspected stress Could not prove it. Hair is heavily dyed in photo.

12. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

Anxiety, occasional insimonia, at times I've had severe urgency an frequency which is almost painful and distracting.

13. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

- Anxiety
    - internal tremor/crawly feeling under skin
    - twitches
    - tongue feels tingly/occasional difficulty speaking (or so it seems)
    - skin patches that are very sensitive/some pain even to the lightest touch
    - insomnia big-time
    - occasional proctalgia fugax
    - occasional myoclonic jerks

If I could get rid of the darn twitching my anxiety would drop by prob 50-75%.

14. Ines

Ines Well known member

anxiety, tinnitus, depression, chronic constipation, cold soars, asthma, allergies, a certain spot on my back always itches, irregular cycle, and inflamed nasal passages.

15. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

ive struggled with at some point in my life ...
    panic attacks
    anxiety
    agrophobia
    severe depression
    Chronic fatigue / ME
    burning stomach pain
    food allergies
    coxics pain
    sciatica
    hip pain
    pelvic pain
    nerves breakdown x2
    severe reactions to prescription drug withdrawal

currently have strong pressure in the head as well as other strange head symptoms
    not sure if the above are all tms or not , but could be .

16. Mark W

Mark W Peer Supporter

I occasionally have sinus congestion. I recognize it as TMS, ignore it and within 30-60 minutes it is gone.
    I have also had a migraine aura a few times, but again I recognize it as TMS, and it never progresses to the actual headache and is gone in 10-15 minutes.