1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What next...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Pandagirl, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

So, what do you do when you've read all the books, journaled, meditated, etc. and you are still suffering? I'm stalled and not sure what to do next. I no longer have back or muscle pain, but I'm stuck with incessant nerve pain, tingling, vibrating and twitching.

I've done psychotherapy and my therapist was kinda done with me. I can't afford $250/wk sessions with a TMS therapist, so I'm out of ideas!

I have two beautiful little girls and a husband that need me to get better! Any words of wisdom from those who have recovered?

Many thanks! Mandi

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

How 'bout Skype or phone sessions with a TMS therapist? When I did them with Don Dubin (deceased now) it was $150 and he said the most he had to do was 12. SteveO also does consulting I believe.

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm just chiming in here so I can follow this thread. Mandi- How long have you been working at it?

I too would love to be able to work with a therapist but it just ain't gonna happen on our current budget.

My only suggestion is to join in on the Tuesday calls. (Weren't you on the call last week? Or am I thinking of someone else?) Those calls are becoming a highlight of my week. Forest and Herbie and tweaking the format a bit so there will be time for questions. You could even send your question ahead of time.

Okay, I lied…I have another suggestion and one that I'm trying to follow myself: Have fun. Find something that you enjoy doing and do it.

Each day I ask myself, "What's something fun I can do?" For me it might be to go outside and bird watch…or tickle the ivory (play piano)… I'm actually on the look out for a new hobby too. I'm thinking of sewing or taking voice lessons or something…. I've been able to barter some writing for stuff like this since finances have been tight. And you know what? THAT'S been fun! :p

Learning how to have fun…laughing more…this is stuff that is a casualty of TMS. Perhaps by being more on the offensive with taking back some fun, the TMS will have no choice but to retreat more. :D

4. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Thank you North Star for the great advice! Sometimes I do try to join the calls on Tuesday night. I'm interested to hear if the format is being tweaked because sometimes I have a hard time participating.

Having fun is an excellent suggestion, something I do try at, but often find challenging. I rarely have time to myself these days. I do love to sew, but by the time I get to sit down in my sewing room, my body is exhausted from the day and my leg makes it painful to sit still. I also like to crochet. Maybe I can barter some crochet hats for @Alan Gordon in exchange for reduce rate therapy! :)

Thanks Tennis Tom! Maybe TMS Therapy is different and I should look into it further, besides just the hourly rate. If there was an estimate or finite period of time, perhaps I can make that kind of investment in my health. I spent 8 months in therapy last year and made some progress in terms of anxiety and family dynamics, but it wasn't TMS therapy. I could have gone on forever and ever, but as a stay-at-home mom, it's difficult to budget $600/mo with no end in sight! :)

North Star likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Pandagirl, yes, good advice from TennisTom and North Star... join the Tuesday night call-ins and hear good advice
    and ask questions like yours. Tonight's call-in discusses the final chapter of Steve Ozanich's book, The Great Pain
    Deception, and next week March 25 will be a special night with Steve as guest to answer questions such as yours.
    See details in the General Discussion Forums.

Pandagirl likes this.
  6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Tonight's is starting right now! There's already a nice conversation going. I might make a cocktail while I listen. :D Here's the connection information:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/call-in-tuesday-march-18-ozanich-book-final-chapter-40.4063/

Pandagirl likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A great combination: a call-in and a cocktail. But just one, slowly.

Pandagirl and Forest like this.