1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

CALL-IN TUESDAY, MARCH 18, OZANICH BOOK FINAL CHAPTER 40

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Mar 11, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The Tuesday, March 18, call-in discussion group will be discussing the final chapter in Steve Ozanich's book The Great Pain Deception starting at 9 pm Eastern Time. The chapter, 40, is called “Beyond TMS.” It lasts an hour, sometimes a little longer. Phone lines will open half an hour early so you can talk to hosts and early callers. Here's how to join the discussion (for detailed instructions, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Connect )

· If you're connecting by phone, dial 1 201-479-4595 and when prompted enter the pin code 18311499 followed by the pound symbol.

· If you're connecting via your computer (Fuze Meeting), go to www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/app/48fb7aa8/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.

For more information, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group.

Steve tells how he became free of back and other pain that had taken over his life for 27 years. It was caused by TMS repressed emotions and he tells what he learned in healing.

There were nine things he learned about himself and life:

I learned that there was a part of me, hidden by me, from me, that makes me who I am. that I never knew existed, that causes all my physical effects.

I learned to move from demanding perfection to the giving of and feeling natural compassion.

I learned to forgive myself for things I felt I had done wrong, had left undone, or could have done better.

I learned to focus on life instead of death – love instead of fear.

I learned that love is immensely greater than the emotion that we feel as love.

I learned that many of the false beliefs we accept today are based on the egocentric self-centered actions of others from the past.

I learned that what I saw in myself as weaknesses were my greatest strength – as nature intended me.

I learned that intimacy is the greatest fear to those who love the deepest.

I learned that life’s hurdles strengthened my body and expanded my mind – to greater consciousness.

Steve said he learned all that and more from discovering Dr. Sarno’s TMS healing philosophy, that for many of us, if our pain is not structural after having a doctor give us a medical checkup, it is from repressed emotions that very likely go back to our childhood, stresses caused by our perfectionist personality, early separation (often when parents divorce or one or both die), or from our need to be liked or loved.

A lot of pain is caused by emotions and images of ourselves from memories stored within each cell of the Mindbody. He quotes Caroline Myss, author of Anatomy of the Spirit, saying “Your biography becomes your biology.”

Says Steve, “The physical body reveals the content of the psyche at any one time in the form of pain, illness, or good health.”

I found great truth in Steve’s list of things he learned. I believe most of my back pain came from repressing a feeling I had not done enough to care for my aged mother, although after two years of trying to please her, it nearly drove me nuts.

I was able to forgive her and myself and it helped a great deal to relieve my pain.

I also realized I had wanted approval and acceptance as a child and didn’t think. I got neither from my parents, especially my father. I spent the rest of my life trying to be a perfect son, friend, and employee. I developed a “goodist” perfectionist personality that gave me severe back and other pain.

Healing begins with awareness, becoming aware of what psychologically causes our pain. Steve says healing then depended very importantly on being able to forgive, others and also himself.

“Forgiveness is the beginning that ends self-induced suffering,” he writes. “No love, no hope, no happiness can exist without first forgiving the Self. It comes from letting go of fear – and becoming yourself – who nature intended you to be. Once fear is faced – anger from conflict fades. The only way to be truly happy is to love deeply, laugh freely – forgive genuinely.”

Steve then quotes Dr. Gerald Jampolsky, author of Love Is Letting Go of Fear: “It became clear to me that my back condition became worse when I was under emotional stress, particularly, when I was fearful and holding a grievance against someone. As I learned to let go of my grievances through the practice of forgiveness, my pain disappeared. I was upset because of unhealed personal relationships.”

Steve says his book is a roadmap to help people discover what psychologically causes their pain. Many of us who have read it have felt that it helped us greatly to become pain-free.

Steve says he is often asked if he could sum up TMS in one word. He replies, “Guilt,” or shame. Guilt is a personal reaction, and shame is social reaction to embarrassment.

“We cannot fully concentrate on worrying about others and our own happiness simultaneously, and so we suffer from experiencing deep inside what we would like to be doing instead of caring about them. Guilt is the residual conflict from trying to be good and right, while simultaneously not wanting to be good or right. Lost in the conflict of trying to make everyone happy simultaneously is the ability to enjoy what already is – absent is mindfulness – and guilt crowds out happiness if self-punishment is the mechanism for coping. Other people cannot make you happy – only you can: you own your life. The past must be forgiven, or released for the move forward.:

Steve closes his amazing book by writing: “Once happiness is chosen over fear and conflict, problems fade from memory – the body is no longer a prison for emotional wounds, and becomes a vessel for more spirited journeys. Happiness first, and good health with certainly follow.”

Thank you, Steve, for your so very helpful book and sharing your personal journey toward learning about your true self, which is to us a great friend and mentor in our healing.

We hope you will join the call-in Tuesday evening and share your thoughts and experiences on your TMS journey toward becoming free of pain. And we hope you will keep looking for Steve’s frequent posts on TMSWiki as he gives advice on healing.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

The call in is starting now. Feel free to call in late!

3. Becca

Becca Well known member

Can we just take a moment to acknowledge that last night concluded a half-year discussion of Steve's book? Incredible. Anyway, you can listen to a live video version of last night's discussion group by clicking on this link (keep in mind it may take a few seconds to load). I will have the recorded discussion processed and posted in the usual media player/mp3 format early next week.

Remember, next Tuesday is the special two-hour event with Steve Ozanich himself! More details here.

4. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for recording this guys. Great to hear Bruce's insights particularly. Hope you can record next week too. Many thanks Colly

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

And the next call-in starts an hour earlier.

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Yup, we record every week.

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank You Becca for all your work you do to bring us these recordings. Thank you BruceMC for all your insight and knowledge throughout the show, I agree with Colly. Thank you forest for putting all of this together. Walt your summaries are awesome. Everyone that calls in each week or new -- you all make the show so interesting. Tennis tom for all the fun and knowledge and GR for your insights and new thoughts. This has been a great time for me personally getting to know each of you and learning all I have through out the discussions.
    Bless You

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Herbie, we learn from you, too. For sure.

9. Becca

Becca Well known member

As promised, here is the mp3 recording of the final discussion of Steve's The Great Pain Deception. You can either listen to it right here in the audio player below, or you can download it by right-clicking on this link (or the link below the audio player) and choosing to save it to your computer.

Click here to download the mp3 audio

DON'T FORGET: tomorrow night is the special two-hour event with Steve Ozanich! For all you Tuesday night discussion group regulars, remember that this event starts one hour earlier than usual at 8PM Eastern Time. If you can't make it (like myself, unfortunately), don't fret, it will be recorded! But if you are free, GO! Listen! Discuss! Take this wonderful opportunity to talk to Steve directly. It's definitely not one to pass up.

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a very good time for all of our friends with any thoughts or questions about TMS healing to ask Steve.
    He has been a gold mine of information and he always tells the whole story for your answer
    instead of just bits and parts. I can't wait.
    Its going to be AWESOME.:)