1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What is your extinction burst experience?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JGGenius, Jun 1, 2023.

1. JGGenius

JGGenius Newcomer

Hi everyone this is my first post here. I've been following the TMS recovery guide from Alan Gordon for a month and a half. It's been up and down from that moment. I have got some success but the pain never completely went away. But now my pain is worst than at the beggining. At first I found it scary but I remembered what Alan talked about having extinction burst. I just didn't thought it could be so intense and long (been like 4 days). Also my back pain who was gone for 8 months has started to come back.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Another great discussion about the how and why of the Symptom Imperative (aka extinction burst) is Nicole Sachs' Season 3 episode 27 podcast episode from March.

4. JGGenius

JGGenius Newcomer

Just to update you I'm doing better now! I see more and more region of my buttock having extinction burst before coming back to normal! When there have been an extinction burst it always get better after for me.

JanAtheCPA likes this.