1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What if I believed "I am good enough"?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Deepster, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

I'm in the first week of the Structured Educational Program, and I had the idea to write a paragraph about what it would be like if I actually believed that I was good enough. Here is what I wrote.

I wouldn't worry about being the best or being the worst. I wouldn't obsess about how I measure up against others in my activities. I wouldn't worry about what others think of me. I wouldn't worry about how I come off to others or what my state of health is as others see it. I'd have full confidence in myself, in who I am. I wouldn't have a particular need for great achievements or accomplishments. I wouldn't need to save the world. I'd be happy, content, and satisfied. I'd love myself unconditionally. I'd be open to others and not bothered by criticism.​

Pretty cool... I invite others to share their answers.

mmo4 likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Deepster this is an awesome paragraph-
    Look at what you wrote and really let this become who you are
    all the answers to tms healing are in that paragraph.

Other than the search for repressions and how to avoid that tension creating activity
    id say you already got all the right answers- Awesome

3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Awesome post Deepster. I love the sense of freedom that comes with that train of thought. I would pretty much second everything you said.
    If I believed I was good enough, I would put myself out there for more work. I would worry WAY LESS! I would be less hampered by inner critic voices. I would feel much freer.
    Thanks for the thread!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.