1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 42 What I have Learned and Where I am headed!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by samantha, Apr 28, 2014.

1. samantha

samantha Peer Supporter

I have just completed the Structured educational program. After 8 years of chronic back pain, 2 debilitating acute episodes (completely bedridden) per year, physical therapies, muscle relaxers, etc., I read Sarno's book, unconvinced, yet desperate. I found this wiki and began the program. In this short time I went from brace and cane to taking walks everyday, traveling in a car for hours and generally pain free. I have the ability to talk myself out of back spasms. I have learned that, after 8 years of conditioning, my brain will need time to fully reject that conditioning and replace it with a healthy body image. Fortunately, it will not take 8 years to do! I say this for those whose progress is slow. Retraining can take time but the rewards are amazing. I will be continuing to do mindful meditation, read articles on this site and journal. The success stories have really helped me to see that I am not unique and that some people conquered even worse conditions. I have also learned to be kinder to myself. Thank you for this site and for those who have recovered and continue to cheer us on!

mousemom and Richsimm22 like this.
  2. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Glad your doing well. I finished the SEP a couple of weeks ago and feel alot better for the experience. I still having alot of healing to do but i am getting there slowly. I give the journalling a little break to concentrate on meditation and giving myself a break which has really helped. Meditation and deep breathing is really therapeutic I find. I still have day where I doubt like most. I fluctuate between 85-100% but I think its only natural.