1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kevin Barry, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Kevin Barry

Kevin Barry Peer Supporter

I am sure that most people know of the picture that when you look at it can either be the old lady or the young women depending on what you first see. And what you see is a result of the way that your brain is programmed to see or in other words your neural patterns are activated. But after studying the picture for a while you will generally be able to see the other image that was not readily in awareness at first viewing. But after seeing them both you are able to switch back and forth between the two images which in effect is actually switching back and forth between two different neural patterns.

So my question is do you think that doing an exercise like this helps with being able to loosen up old neural patterns? It seems to me that it might help and therefore be a good practice to do of switching back and forth in the mind between the two images. When I first looked all I could see was just the one. But now that I have seen them both I can mentally go back and forth between the two which was something that I could not do before.

I am going to do it anyway because that's the way that I am, but are still curious if anyone might have other grist for the mill.

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Anything that helps render the perceptual system more limber has to help. After all, in the words of Alan Gordon, TMS is a kinaesthetic hallucination so perhaps in playing a little with background-foreground, you may find it easier to switch sensory wires and apply the same fluidity to sensations and intensity.

Plum x

Kevin Barry likes this.