1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 What do I feel?!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by gwithamission, Aug 26, 2021.

1. gwithamission

gwithamission Newcomer

Responding to today’s prompt: I intellectually can identify the feelings I think turn on my pain, but a) the pain seems constant, b) I live in my head, not in my body! The other day I did some journaling and thought my head was pretty quiet. Then, all of a sudden, my pain went nuts and I started balling my eyes out - but I didn’t emotionally “feel” anything! I really want this program to work for me. A mentor asked when I was going to stop disassociating from my body. But, I’m not sure how to do that.

Hedger likes this.
  2. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Once you control your mind you can conquer your body. If you really want it you can have it. You can't achieve any goals without discipline. Through hard work, determination and self-focus, and discipline you can accomplish anything. God speed!

gwithamission likes this.
  3. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Have you tried breathing in combination with somatic tracking as Alan Gordon preaches?

4. gwithamission

gwithamission Newcomer

No! I’ll look it up. Thanks for the tip!