1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Weird symptom tms?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lilybluerose, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

Hi everyone! I posted a couple of weeks. Ago about wrist and hand pain that I've had on and off for a couple of years. I'm slowly working my way through the program due to work and two small kiddos. Pleased to say my wrist pain is way way less and I work and game a little every day on pc!

Now I'm having more symptoms
    I know tms can move around but I'm not sure if that is this.

For a few years now on and off my right cheek will get really red and my right ear will turn beet red and burn on fire. It's soooo annoying!! My cheek started red not too long after I burned myself a tiny bit using glycol. Acid.. But it doesn't add up to that affecting my ear.

I've asked several Dr's who all have no idea including two dermatologists. They said probably/possibly rosacea.

I'm wondering if this could be tms because I do fixate on it hardcore and now that wrist is done this is flairing up so badly!!

I havnt heard of anyone else going through this though with tms. Have you?

Thanks!

Celayne likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Which is known to get worse with stress - so guess what? (You already know the answer, don't you? :D)

All the time. Skin issues with no known cause are on almost everyone's list at one time or another. Count me in.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

So here's the real thing about this: NOW is the time to allow yourself to accept that ANY weird and non-threatening symptoms that decide to appear while you are doing this work are going to be TMS. NOW is the time to make a decision that you are not going to spend any more time in what we call "reassurance-seeking" - because that is exactly what your fearful brain WANTS you to do - to waste time and energy, and to work yourself up into a state of fear so that you will abandon the "dangerous" work of uncovering horrible life-threatening EMOTIONS.

As always, use judgement. There are some symptoms that no one should ignore, but if we're talking about things you've experienced (and had checked out) before - IGNORE THEM. If we're talking about little twinges or sensations that don't last long if you laugh at them, or any number of "normal" symptoms that everyone experiences when they are stressed (I'm talking about things like headaches or occasional digestive distress, and, yes, skin things) - IGNORE THEM! Laughing at them is even better.

Talking back is a powerful technique, for example: "I know you are just trying to distract me, and I know you think you're trying to protect me, but you're wrong, and I'm not buying it - This Is Not Necessary!" ("This is not necessary" was my favorite self-talk phrase when I was doing the work back in 2011, and one that worked on a regular basis - and still does when I need it).

4. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

Ty so much! Gosh this stuff is so mind blowing to me!! It's so wild that this can cause so many things!! I have more work to do thats for sure!!

5. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Hi Lily,

I second Jan’s excellent advice.

The number and types of odd symptoms that can arise when you start healing your TMS symptoms is astonishing. We are all different and our brains individually decide what kinds of nonsense will really get our attention to distract us from the good healing work.